• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The SNOW is coming!!!!!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Will I get thrown off the site if I admit that I'm more excited that it's not going to be triple digits (or even 90's) for my race this weekend than that it's going to be snowing? :bag:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Will I get thrown off the site if I admit that I'm more excited that it's not going to be triple digits (or even 90's) for my race this weekend than that it's going to be snowing? :bag:

Out on that course it's going to be a true blessing but I'm really glad you have a wetsuit since it's gonna be a cold swim.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hee hee, I was just going to post this!:yahoo::snow:

Jilly

Staff member
Yes for the snow and yes for itri!! Its not as hot here in Ontario either. But maybe next week a little reminder of summer. I have feeling its going to be an early winter!

C

CMCM

EXCITING! I'm crossing my fingers for an early, cold, snowy winter out here in Calif! We've had quite a cool summer so far....amazingly mild. It's hot now for a few days, but we've had no long extended hot periods so far. AND...I'm already finding acorns on the ground, and an old timer here once told me that indicates an early winter. But SNOW in August. Yikes! Wonderful! I'm bored with biking already and am ready to get out the skis again...after all, it has been 4 months!!!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been saying for weeks how much I can't wait for ski season, but I gotta admit my heart sank when I heard the weather forecast this morning. Snow in August is a little much...

I immediately checked to see if Telluride was part of that forecast, and thankfully, we aren't.

Although, come this time in about two months I'll be singing a very different tune. :becky:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was thinking about you today. How are you healing? Gonna be ready for ski season? I hope!!!
I've been saying for weeks how much I can't wait for ski season, but I gotta admit my heart sank when I heard the weather forecast this morning. Snow in August is a little much...

I immediately checked to see if Telluride was part of that forecast, and thankfully, we aren't.

Although, come this time in about two months I'll be singing a very different tune. :becky:

snowsparkle2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oooh -it snowed here in French Alps down to about 2800m last night. I can see it out my window. Definite chill in the air! V. exciting..... but then I haven't had a chance to do all the things I wanted to do this summer yet, cycle, swim, hike, camp. The days aren't long enough !!!

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Brrrrrr!!!

It is cold in Aspen today...chill in the air for sure. Indy Pass will look so pretty with a little bit of fresh on it!

Lots of people canceling their camping trips this weekend too!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Loveland Pass is closed. Woo hoo!

And -- how exciting! -- I had a dream about skiing last night! I can't remember doing that before. There was some skiing involved (some really bad, out-of-control skiing ...??), but mostly it was about ski boots. Mostly just typically weird dream stuff: I had lost a ski boot while on a ski run (although I hadn't taken it off, so I couldn't figure out where it was), then I went to the bootfitter on the mountain trying to find it. There were yellow boots (like Tecnicas) and blue boots (like my Langes) all over the place, but none were mine.

I guess that wasn't a very positive dream, now that I think about it. :laugh:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Um, Pinto, have you inventoried your gear lately? Maybe you've got a missing boot? FYI, I'm now looking at partly cloudy skies, may actually get out for a ride this afternoon. Albeit a chilly one since it's currently only 51 degrees. :eek:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pinto, that dream is toooo crazy!
Could you smell the snow? The last time I dreamed about skiing, I woke up with some distinct scents from the dream.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pinto, that dream is toooo crazy!
Could you smell the snow? The last time I dreamed about skiing, I woke up with some distinct scents from the dream.

Whoa ... no smells, I don't think.

Mostly I was having a lot of trouble with my technique. I was skidding and pushing my heels everywhere. What a nightmare! ha ha

Maybe the loss of a boot was the reason for it, or maybe it was the excuse I gave for forgetting how to ski. "I'm on one ski in sketchy snow ... whaddya expect!?!"

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whoa ... no smells, I don't think.

Mostly I was having a lot of trouble with my technique. I was skidding and pushing my heels everywhere. What a nightmare! ha ha

Maybe the loss of a boot was the reason for it, or maybe it was the excuse I gave for forgetting how to ski. "I'm on one ski in sketchy snow ... whaddya expect!?!"
This is believable if I were the out of control skier in your dream. You, not so much.
Maybe that's a sign that you'll ski with an out of control skier this winter. I'll look forward to it!:becky:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is believable if I were the out of control skier in your dream. You, not so much.
Maybe that's a sign that you'll ski with an out of control skier this winter. I'll look forward to it!:becky:

Oh puh-LEEZ! But I do look forward to skiing with YOU. :smile:

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got back from Breckenridge where the mountains were covered with snow. There was six inches in some places yesterday morning, and I was walking around Town in a ski jacket, then went to a restaurant with an open fire. It felt like a ripple in the space/time continuum to be experiencing that in August!! Weird, so weird.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna