• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The new kitty

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Well, after 15 hours of hiding in the basement, at 11:30 p.m. or thereabouts, Ms Kitty was on our bed, all over us, purring, not altogether graceful for 7# max, kneading paws everywhere, decidedly happy. :confused: So...not like she doesn't like us, but just into this "hiding mode" --- darn DH for letting her in the house to roam! (wasn't my idea, I was onto this "rehoming" concept)

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have YET to figure out Phineas' hiding spot. We think it might be under the hideabed couch actually going UP inside of it. :giggle He only goes somewhere to sleep. :giggle

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was foruming last night, looking at this thread, and my SO came up to me and asked what's new on the forum. I told him about this thread and he responded "MSL got an MCC? Awesome." :laugh:

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was foruming last night, looking at this thread, and my SO came up to me and asked what's new on the forum. I told him about this thread and he responded "MSL got an MCC? Awesome." :laugh:

Bwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... :laugh: That is awesome! :laughter:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Ha! DH does sometimes ask me, "So, how are the divas?" He doesn't know too many names, but I THINK he DOES know yours! :becky: "Ah, the 'hometown' diva" ....

Okay, got her to come out from under the bed for 10 minutes this aft. Camera wasn't at hand. Someday....

altagirl

Staff member
My cat will come running for food (or the potential of food). I started by shaking a bag of treats to get her to come and now she hears her name and sprints across the house. If she doesn't.... it means either she can see me from where she is already and knows damn well I don't have any treats in my hand. Or she's locked in a closet again. ;) Which happens a lot. You think you only had a closet door open for a second and would have noticed her going in there, but hours later there's a mysterious door rattling and paws sticking out from under the doors. Too funny.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Pic :smile:
She's adjusting. Will take time....
No recollected shots by former (non) owner (? :confused:), so vet trip pending (another interesting mission....). At least she is neutered. Note large "lion mane," one of the features of a Maine coon:

ry%3D400

Jilly

Staff member
She's lovely. And AG, our cat (long gone) used to come for the can opener. Just turn it on and there would be Frisky!

I would love a pet, but working full time, cottage on weekends, skiing, dragon boat etc, I wouldn't be home enough to love it enough. So maybe later in life when things calm down. Or like you and SH, one adopts me!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I would love a pet, but working full time, cottage on weekends, skiing, dragon boat etc, I wouldn't be home enough to love it enough. So maybe later in life when things calm down. Or like you and SH, one adopts me!
I was actually getting used to (if not downright LIKING) a house w/o hair, dander, etc.....this was a major mercy mission - it was either us or the shelter. Pretty much forced upon me (which I didn't altogether appreciate....). This poor thing would have languished at a shelter. She'll be okay here. And so (hopefully?) will we.... have neighbors who can keep an eye out and check when we go away (we do same for theirs).

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty cat, MSL! I love Maine Coons.

My kitty hid for about a week after we brought her home. She just needed some time to adjust. Sounds like yours if off to a good start!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
She's gorgeous! Did you use a telephoto lens to get such a nice close-up shot?

Have you named her yet? Or should I just continue to think of her as "Catacomb"!

I love them dearly, but it would be unfair for me to have my own since I'm gone so much. I do let two neighbor kitties in for loving.

skipink

Certified Ski Diva
DD got a new board and our cat Orkney couldn't wait to get the bindings mounted.

Babyllama035.jpg

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
^^^^ Ha! What a great shot! :smile:
Our newby is named BB. Ever so slowly coming out of her shell - she's a "hider." Old self-preservation tactic, obviously. I'm long used to a cat that is "out there" (like Orkney above) and into everything ("What's this?"). First trip to the vet went okay. She complied. Needed all shots, including primary distemper. Secondary in a couple of weeks. Not sure which one threw her appetite for a day, but ouch. Vet said that without papers, no particular breed can be identified, so not a Maine coon but has some dna of same due to markings. Otherwise too petite to be a MC. Poor thing, though - her life (3? 4?) hasn't been great thus far. Hope we can help her.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Be patient.

My "hider" jumped in bed this morning and work me up. She's been running around the house for the last 3 hrs, up and down the stairs, up the kitty tree, play with teaser, play with balls, hide under bed, look out windows, attack area rugs, rest, do it all over again. Such a busy body this morning. :smile:

skipink

Certified Ski Diva
Orkney used to hide too. She was a feral kitten I found her during a rain storm taking shelter UNDER the downspout. Of course she was getting soaked. Put her in the car and she was all friendly but when I tried to get her out, she bit me. Even though she was only 5 weeks old she had to be quarrentined for rabies. The only contact she could have with anyone was me (since I had already been bitten) and the bond was set. Now she follows me everywhere and it's rare that she's not in my lap if I am at the computer. Unconditional love. :smile:

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Yep, great shot; maybe Orkney will take up the sport? Done right, it might keep Orkney's paws dry and not so cold when there's white stuff on the ground!

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love seeing the kitty pictures on here :smile:.
MSL: BB may always stay a hider, but at least she seems, and looks, like a sweetie!

I adopted my first trouble maker (of my own, grew up with many) a couple months ago, Marta (after the Sound of Music), from the MSPCA in Boston. She's into everything, but probably one of the sweetest, most people-friendly cats I've ever known. And I'm extremely lucky to have a downstairs neighbor who is a cat lover and has watched her and kept her company while we were on a long weekend, and on our trip to Louisiana last week.

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our kitty dramas continue :rolleyes:.

Bode went to the vet on Friday for declaw and neuter. While he was gone on his "overnight spa visit", Tinker kept looking all around the house. We figured he was just looking for Bode.

Turns out, he was probably just making sure Bode was really gone, as he once again turned into a hissing, spitting, growling psycho kitty when Bode came home on Saturday.

Jeeze....you'd think they'd have become friendly in the last 2 months!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga