• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Great SkiDiva-Sportube Giveaway, Part 2

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Last week we began the first of our seven part SkiDiva-Sportube Giveaway Contest. You can read about it here (that way I don't have to repeat myself).

The contest ended a little too quickly for my taste (num, you were too fast!), so THIS week we're going to try things a little differently.

I'm going to post one clue on the 26th, one on the 27th, and one on the 28th. The first person to get back to me (by PM) with all three answers is the winner. Please wait until you have all the answers to PM me.

I'll post the first clue at 6:30 PM EST. So be ready.

Other than that, all the rules remain the same. You can read them here.

So get ready! Maybe you'll win a nice after-Christmas present!

To find out more about our generous supporter, Sportube, click on their ad on the main page.

SkiMave

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva,

We have 2 Sportubes in my house. They are fantastic. Not only are they a great way to transport your skis when you fly somewhere (the airlines won't take responsibility for damage is a soft ski bag but they will if you have a hard shell case), when you get to your destination, you can strap them on top of the car/SUV. The skis and poles fit snugly in the tube and don't rattle around or get damaged.

The first time I used mine, I got out west and realized there wasn't enough room in the car for them (there were 4 other ladies with ski gear and clothes - imagine). No problem, using a combination of the shoulder strap and bungie cords, we strapped them to the roof rack and off we went. Kept the skis and poles free from dirt and debris and the hard shell case just washes clean.

Great product !!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, Divas, here's today's clue -- the first one for the Ski Dive-Sportube Giveaway #2:

Top secret.

Remember, I'll be posting another clue tomorrow (Thursday) at 6:30 PM, then another clue on Friday at 6:30 PM. Wait until you have the answers to all three clues to PM me.

Good luck!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the second clue:

Gnarly, Dude!

The next -- and last -- clue will be posted tomorrow (Friday) at 6:30 PM. Good luck!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
And here's the third and final clue:

If you build it, they will come.

PM me after you have all three answers!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
We got a winner: SueNJ wins Sportube #2!
:fireworks:

Here are the answers:

Clue: Top Secret
Thread: What do you think of private ski resorts? (post #11)

Clue: Gnarly, Dude!
Thread: Ski slang (post #21)

Clue: If you build it, they will come.
Thread: What is your ultimate resort? (post #8)

Congrats, SueNJ!

Next week, another Sportube giveaway! The new contest begins Wednesday, January 2, at 6:30 PM EST.

We have five more to give away.

In the meantime, please support the site and Sportube by clicking on their ad on the home page.

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks bunches to SkiDiva, SkiDiva.com, and Sportube! This was such a fun contest--I've got all kinds of threads bookmarked to go back and read. It was hard to focus on figuring out what the clues had to do with any of the discussion threads because I kept getting sidetracked on interesting topics. :becky:

Now I have a safe way to bring my new Queens to Utah in March! :yahoo: :ski2:

Thanks, again and again, and good luck, ladies, on winning one of the remaining 5 Sportubes!

Sue

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats Sue!

Don't forget to personalize your Sportube for your trip if you're flying!

Yours won't be the only one on the luggage chute and they all look the same!!!!! :D

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats Sue!

Don't forget to personalize your Sportube for your trip if you're flying!

Yours won't be the only one on the luggage chute and they all look the same!!!!! :D

Thanks! Good point on personalizing the Sportube. Sounds like an order for some SkiDiva decals needs to be placed... My SO suggested a "honk if you're h*rny" bumper sticker. :ROTF: Isn't he just so full of helpful suggestions?

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats to you, too, num for winning Sportube #1!

I wish I timed my trip to UT better--I'll miss the divas by only a few days. I'm sure there will be plenty of other opportunities to meet and ski. At a minimum, I hope to attend either the ESA clinic or the Okemo WAA clinic next year.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This has been fun hasn't it!?

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish I timed my trip to UT better--I'll miss the divas by only a few days.

Sorry we're gonna miss you at Solitude! Since you're going a little earlier than us, I'll use your trip report to get properly stoked :p

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry we're gonna miss you at Solitude! Since you're going a little earlier than us, I'll use your trip report to get properly stoked :p

Actually, I'm arriving after you leave--we're flying out on March 10. I'll have just enough time to read your trip report before boarding my flight. :becky: I'm sure Solitude will never be the same once the Divas strike!

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey, I got my SporTube last night--it's a pretty nifty piece of equipment! :thumbsup: It's solidly made and will do a great job of protecting my skis when I take them to Utah.

Thanks, once again, Ski Diva for the opportunity to win one of these, and good luck to the divas who are combing through the message titles to solve the current clues!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna