• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tahoe !

mustski

Angel Diva
I suck in powder also so I bought Volkl Ones a few years ago. The 116 waist and the extreme rocker profile keeps me up at the top of the snow. None of that helps if I fall though! We got a late start today and missed the unpacked deep stuff. I didn't even bring my powder ski because I knew it would be all chopped up by the time I got there. I did have a blast skiing all the lovely soft bumps though!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Another epic day….. divas remember this area?

Attachments

• 31468BED-333F-4F86-838D-EBE9B15F5AC0.jpeg
    31468BED-333F-4F86-838D-EBE9B15F5AC0.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 12

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Tahoe is getting hammered with snow. Report of 36 inches at Northstar in the last 24 hours and probably up to 4-5 feet at Donner Summit.......

Who's going? I'm going Sunday for 6 days and another big storm is expected this week Wednesday and Thursday.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tahoe is getting hammered with snow. Report of 36 inches at Northstar in the last 24 hours and probably up to 4-5 feet at Donner Summit.......

Who's going? I'm going Sunday for 6 days and another big storm is expected this week Wednesday and Thursday.
I saw that on Elyse Saugstads insta, it looks incredible !! x

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today or next Sunday? am I going to miss you next weekend?

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tahoe did get hammered again this weekend. A lot of delays and lifts closed too! Heavenly has no power on the Nevada side.

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, as of last night. This is a post I saw on Facebook last night:

1/1 End of day update from Tom Fortune - Heavenly VP/COO:
I want to start this update by acknowledging that the last two days have been a challenge. We have received 8’’ of precipitation and over 50” of snow in the past couple of days, along with winds over 100 mph. We lost power on the Nevada side, including the Gondola which remain dark at this hour. We are working with NV Energy to replace a broken power pole on Nevada Trail, and with Liberty Energy to fix two downed power lines near the top of Dipper and Mott Canyon. Our utility partners have told us that we are a high priority and that they hope to get on the mountain to make repairs as early as tonight or tomorrow morning.
We were able to open the California side to the top of Powderbowl Express by mid-morning today, and crews are digging out Canyon and Sky Express as we speak. We plan to open the California side tomorrow at our normal opening time of 9:00AM. Canyon and Sky may come a little bit later in the morning. Our Nevada crews will return tomorrow and will continue preparing lifts so that we can open when the power is restored. Unfortunately, we cannot promise this will happen tomorrow.
Parking and shuttles were also a challenge today due to the limited operating footprint. We will continue to move snow piles out of the parking lot tonight.
For those who are visiting, I am sorry if your vacation has been disrupted by this eventful storm. For locals and regular visitors, thank you for your patience as we work to get back to 100% open. I know today’s experience wasn’t perfect, but our crews are working very hard as always and I can’t thank them enough! The good news is that the conditions will be amazing and we are set up for an incredible (and long) season ahead!
Please check our conditions reports for updates in the morning. We will update often.
Tom

I live in Carson City and there was a lot of rain on Friday here and around the lake on Friday before all the snow started. That also meant a lot of power outages. Over 40,000 people in Northern Nevada and had no power New Year’s Eve and plenty who still don’t have it restored.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes, as of last night. This is a post I saw on Facebook last night:

1/1 End of day update from Tom Fortune - Heavenly VP/COO:
I want to start this update by acknowledging that the last two days have been a challenge. We have received 8’’ of precipitation and over 50” of snow in the past couple of days, along with winds over 100 mph. We lost power on the Nevada side, including the Gondola which remain dark at this hour. We are working with NV Energy to replace a broken power pole on Nevada Trail, and with Liberty Energy to fix two downed power lines near the top of Dipper and Mott Canyon. Our utility partners have told us that we are a high priority and that they hope to get on the mountain to make repairs as early as tonight or tomorrow morning.
We were able to open the California side to the top of Powderbowl Express by mid-morning today, and crews are digging out Canyon and Sky Express as we speak. We plan to open the California side tomorrow at our normal opening time of 9:00AM. Canyon and Sky may come a little bit later in the morning. Our Nevada crews will return tomorrow and will continue preparing lifts so that we can open when the power is restored. Unfortunately, we cannot promise this will happen tomorrow.
Parking and shuttles were also a challenge today due to the limited operating footprint. We will continue to move snow piles out of the parking lot tonight.
For those who are visiting, I am sorry if your vacation has been disrupted by this eventful storm. For locals and regular visitors, thank you for your patience as we work to get back to 100% open. I know today’s experience wasn’t perfect, but our crews are working very hard as always and I can’t thank them enough! The good news is that the conditions will be amazing and we are set up for an incredible (and long) season ahead!
Please check our conditions reports for updates in the morning. We will update often.
Tom

I live in Carson City and there was a lot of rain on Friday here and around the lake on Friday before all the snow started. That also meant a lot of power outages. Over 40,000 people in Northern Nevada and had no power New Year’s Eve and plenty who still don’t have it restored.
Thanks for the update!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna