• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Swany Gloves

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Forgot to post this a while ago.

I had been skiin in some very old Gordini Gloves for a long time. They got old, stinky, whatever...so I bought a pair of Burton gloves early season for super cheap. They were awful...frozen fingers all the time.

So my sweetie surprised me at Christmas with a pair of Swany gloves. Wow - what a difference!! These gloves are very pricey (yeah I checked the store to see what he spent), but well worth the money. I have skinny piano player's fingers & they tend to get chilly. While I still get chilly from time to time, they warm up quickly once I start moving. They stay really dry & I love the pull strings that make a nice seal.

I'm sure lots of divas have Swany gloves here - but for those who don't, it's a good investment.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I finally gave in and bought mittens this year. I got Swany Toaster mittens in leather and they are incredible although they were also expensive. LOVE them. I also have a pair of spring gloves that are Swany that I really like.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also have Swany mittens...not the Toasters, even though they are on my list!

I have had horribly cold fingers for a few seasons and bought these last season. To the pont where I had to stop skiing for the day d/t not being able to hold my poles any longer. Better than anything in the past.

Also looking at the Black Diamond MErcury Mittens.

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Swany's

I mostly wear mittens, but these are the only gloves I will consider wearing. They keep my frozen fingers warm.

I don't know if I'll ever conquer the frozen finger and toe problem...

ride_ski

Angel Diva
I also have the Swany Toaster mittens. I really like that they have the glove liners inside. I usually wear the glove part on the drive to the mountain and to carry my stuff to the lodge and leave the mitten part in the bag with my boots. I have never worn gloves skiing as my hands do get cold- maybe I'll have to try some of their gloves.

Jilly

Staff member
I have two pairs of Swany gloves. One for skiing. They've been great, but I think that they will be retired next season to spring only. The other pair I bought at Costco and use for wear around Tremblant at night. The only other warmer pair I have are by Avalanche. A Canadian company that makes ski clothes.

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought a pair of Swany gloves this year - they have a pocket for the chemical warmers and they are great, especially when you put them on after lunch and are nice and warm and dry. I also found some racing shells made by Hestra. They can fit over almost anything and are perfect for those really cold days when nothing keeps you warm from the windchill.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I finally gave in to the mittens this year, I bought a pair (Swany) when we first arrived here in CO and despite some super cold days my hands were mostly pretty warm.

I also managed to talk my husband into getting a pair. A local friend we ski with here (hard core ex-racer guy) wears mittens, so hubby was convinced that mittens are for men too! And he's totally happy with them.

Sports Authority in Denver had them at 20% off so they were a very good deal too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga