• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Support Lil Olivia ~ JDRF

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have had the pleasure of becoming friends with a Bear UGASkidawg on our trips to Colorado. His 5 yo daughter Olivia, is the leader of TEAMSPAGHETTIO's for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk for the cure, which will be on September 14th.
*If this link doesn't work to get to her donation page, then please PM me.
Team Spaghettio's

Lets help this little inspiration in her efforts to find a cure!

TR Copied from Epic
Took the whole family to Copper for closing day. It was beautiful but bittersweet day. There is way too much snow to close but it's time for biking, beaching, and hiking season!

My 5 YO Olivia wanted to do little hucks in the Rock Garden off Excelerator.

Her friend Ellie dropping

Olivia finds another hit

We spent most of the day looking for little jumps for her to hit. I'm gonna get HR Huckenstuff sewn on the back of her jacket:D

Some video!!
https://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/d_westall/?action=view&current=CIMG0479.flv

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Thanks for posting this.

Those are the cutest pics ever! I'd love to ski with that little girl.....she knows how to have fun!

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cuuuuutie!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been told that the link for TeamSpaghettio's doesn't work so I'll post the drirect link again
https://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=87006330

Here is the instruction sent to me by UGA Skidawg
(because she is a minor and out of respect, I've taken out her last name. Please PM me for her name for the search)
To donate online:
1. Go to the JDRF website at www.jdrf.org
2. Look at the bottom right-hand part of your screen for the blue "Support a Walker"
section.
3. Enter Olivia’s name: Olivia ******* in CO.
4. Click on Olivia’s name and then “Donate to this Walker”. It will have a short page
for you to fill out with your information.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The JDRF Walk for the cure is coming up in less than a month, September 14th, and Lil' Olivia is getting primed up for the event.

I received an inspirational email from Team Spaghetti O's. With the permission of Olivia's mom, I am posting a portion of the newsletter.
I wish all of you could meet Olivia. She is an active, curious and thoughtful kid (a little biased). Even at 5 she does not let this disease define her. She is a caring big sister (with the occasional battle) and kind to her friends. She skied a lot this winter even tackling double black diamond slopes. She swims like a champ, rocks the monkey bars and plays T-Ball and tennis. She took off her training wheels with determination last month and is off and running on her bike. She loved Dinosaur camp this summer, is an excellent worm finder and is reading and writing up a storm. For good or bad Olivia does not remember life before diabetes. She thinks it is normal to have had over 14,000 finger pricks and over 11,000 shots or insulin injections through her pump by age 5. I know Olivia will go through many ups and downs in managing this disease but I can already see her as a great role model for other kids learning to live fully and healthily with diabetes

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you for the reminder! I had forgotten about this. :redface:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna