• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sugarbush, Killington vs Whiteface, Gore, Jay? For intermediates driving to/from Tremblant

Jenny

Angel Diva
We're sticking to IKON locations - don't care what other people consider "on the way" or "suitable for intermediates". Not sure why all the focus is on intermediates, anyway.

I mentioned Sugarbush as the most northern of the Vermont resorts on IKON pass, but I also didn't look to see that it's fairly close to Killington. So, that's an option, too, I suppose, although I think I'd rather see Sugarbush. I know Jay Peak is closer, but we've been there twice. Same with Lake Placid. We want to see/ski something new.

marzNC

Angel Diva
We're sticking to IKON locations - don't care what other people consider "on the way" or "suitable for intermediates". Not sure why all the focus is on intermediates, anyway.
I get asked questions privately by intermediates or advanced beginners a fair amount. Perhaps because I was a Moderator of an online sub-forum dedicated to beginners and intermediates for a few years. So sometimes I try to lead a discussion on their behalf. There are far more lurkers for any online forum than active posters. Not only when a thread is active but in the future. The archives of TheSkiDiva turn up in Searches all the time. Mostly for gear, but sometimes when people are trying to decide where to ski as well.

I was an older intermediate starting to plan trips to big mountain when I found online forums about 15 years ago. I lurked for several years. Just trying to be helpful to those in similar situations.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I mentioned Sugarbush as the most northern of the Vermont resorts on IKON pass, but I also didn't look to see that it's fairly close to Killington. So, that's an option, too, I suppose, although I think I'd rather see Sugarbush. I know Jay Peak is closer, but we've been there twice. Same with Lake Placid. We want to see/ski something new.
If I were going to Tremblant, Sugarbush would be at the top of my list based on Ikon. Would add a day at Killington or Stratton depending on driving conditions more than anything else. But that's because I drive a NC minivan with no snow tires even for trips to the northeast.

I liked Sugarbush a lot. The Mad River Valley is more my type of area than what's around Killington. Curious about Stratton because it's in southern VT and a little more accessible when heading to Boston. And because it's close to Magic.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I get asked questions privately by intermediates or advanced beginners a fair amount. Perhaps because I was a Moderator of an online sub-forum dedicated to beginners and intermediates for a few years. So sometimes I try to lead a discussion on their behalf. There are far more lurkers for any online forum than active posters. Not only when a thread is active but in the future. The archives of TheSkiDiva turn up in Searches all the time. Mostly for gear, but sometimes when people are trying to decide where to ski as well.

I was an older intermediate starting to plan trips to big mountain when I found online forums about 15 years ago. I lurked for several years. Just trying to be helpful to those in similar situations.
OK, understood.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sugarbush is actually one of my favorite eastern mountains. It has a nice vibe going on and it's beautiful. I love how the trails tend to wend around, too. There's a gorgeous blue trail called "Jester" that goes down from the top; lots of fun corkscrew turns.

I haven't decided yet where I'll stop on the way back from Tremblant. Probably Jay.
What are the reasons you want to get back to Jay? That was part of your Diva Ski Safari in 2013, right?

Jay was recommended for a family trying to decide between Jay and Killington in March back in 2012. But that's a while back. Has much changed in the last 5-6 years?

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/jay-peak-or-killington.14260/

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
What are the reasons you want to get back to Jay? That was part of your Diva Ski Safari in 2013, right?

Jay was recommended for a family trying to decide between Jay and Killington in March back in 2012. But that's a while back. Has much changed in the last 5-6 years?

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/jay-peak-or-killington.14260/

It was, and we had Diva East there a few years ago, too.

A lot has changed, at least at the base; they have an indoor water park and a big hotel. But that really doesn't interest me. I just like the mountain and don't get up there too often. Killington is 20 minutes away from home; I can go there whenever I want. That's not the case with Jay. Plus it's on the way home.

And oh yeah, they get a TON of snow. And the tree skiing is great.

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
If you're going to Jay, keep going down the 15, cross the river at the Champlain bridge and take the Eastern Township Autoroute. Not sure the number of the exit anymore, but it takes you to Owl's Head and Mansonville. You cross at Highwater into Vermont. Not much further after that.

And the Jay cloud should be in full gear in late March!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna