• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stockli Spirit ED

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Me: Advanced skier, 110 lbs, 5' 1-1/2"
Skis: 149 (13.5m—115/68/98). These skis jump in length from 149 to 157, so on the advice of a friend who's about my size and ability -- and who's tried them herself -- I went with the 149.

I've always heard about how wonderful Stockli skis are -- easy to flex and fantastic on the ice. Hand made in Switzerland, each ski gets 22 passes on the stone (the bases are a thing of beauty). And they're not easy to find. The company only ships 4,000 to the US each year. So my expectations for this ski have always been somewhat high.

Maybe too high.

I've been waiting for the perfect day to try them. So today, when the snow was particularly, shall we say, hard packed, I figured the time was right.

I wish I could say I was wowed. Though they do edge quite nicely, I just felt like there was nothing there. No pop. No fun. No spirit. Just damp to the point of being dead.

It's always disconcerting to think that you're the only one in the world who doesn't like a ski. Makes me think, what am I doing wrong?? So maybe it is me. Maybe someone else would really love these. Maybe I would've liked them better in the 157. Who knows. All I can say is, the Stockli Spirit was a disappointment. I expected better.

lil mountain girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
hey skidiva,

don't be too hard on yourself, girl!

i had a similar experience with the volkl auras . . . i thought i would fall wildly in love, but didn't actually enjoy them all that much :( !

i did however fall madly in love with my mantras . . . :love:

maybe the spirits didn't grab you because of particular features not meshing with your personal ski style, yet you might totally love another stockli -- or maybe they're just not for you!

i thought i'd hate the stockli dp pro when i demoed them :eek: , but i ended up loving them because i tend to gravitate to those particular features.

different strokes for different folks!

w.ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's always disconcerting to think that you're the only one in the world who doesn't like a ski. Makes me think, what am I doing wrong?? So maybe it is me.

This is exactly how I felt when I demoed the Burnin' Luv a few years ago! I have since decided that that particular ski just didn't work work well with my style of skiing, and, as lil mountain girl says, different strokes for different folks.:smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga