• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Squaw Valley CA...finally it is WHITE and COLD

Squaw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The northern Sierra have gotten by some accounts a good 1 1/2 feet, both at lake level and up on the ski slopes. Temps have hovered at 32 making it a soft heavy classic "Sierra Cement" - not great skiing but actually a great base. As Squaw was virtually dirt yesterday morning, this is good news.

Lifts at Squaw will finally open tomorrow, December 8. But only with the beginning / intermediate chairs, Gold Coast and Shirley Lake. I say that based on the notes showing on Squaw's website. And of course the infamous Mountain Run, the artery between the feet and heart of Squaw. Am curious to see if more opens, though rumor has it that most of the lifties are not yet here.

Jen

altagirl

Staff member
That totally makes me happy. A good friend of mine lives in CA and has family in Tahoe. She's been battling breast cancer all summer and is starting radiation next week and this weekend she is headed to Tahoe. She said she was bringing bikes and skis in the hopes that she'd be able to do something. So that's fantastic news that the resort is opening! Yay!
:snow: :snow: :snow:

chellski

Diva in Training
Thank you for the update, Squaw!!! I'm headed up on Dec. 14-16 and was thrilled to hear your snow report!!

Squaw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At Squaw right now...Saturday 15th and tomorrow.

Snow quality is pretty good, just not much of it! :frusty:

Squaw Creek and Red Dog (main road runs) have opened, joining Mountain Run and Gold Coast. Pickings pretty slim.

but it is still good to be here!

Snow forecast for Tuesday seems to be coming in sooner - maybe even tomorrow. Yea right, just for the drive home!!!!:laughter:

Jen

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga