• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snowmaking countdown!

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's their typical opening time frame. Early-mid October. :smile:
My earliest day at Abasin was October 10th (I think) a couple of years ago...it was amazing! They actually had "real" snow on top of the manmade!!

Opening day can be fun but be prepared to ski the white ribbon of death. There's usually only 1 or 2 runs open and everyone and their brother and sister is there. The snow is almost always all manmade, a little icy. Don't get me wrong, it can be a fun day, but be prepared for long lines, crowded slopes, and suboptimum conditions. My advice is take a few runs, then converge in the lodge (works at either Loveland or the Basin) for a drinky-poo.
Luckily, I only ski during the week. No lines, no crowds. Usually just me, some liftees and a few other riders! On that first "white ribbon of death" day, I usually only do 4 runs or so...just enough to get my ski legs working again. That way when the "real" snow falls, I'm ready!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tick Tick Tick!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Eeeeeeeeeeeeee: https://www.skiloveland.com/snowmaking/

In case they update that page, right now it says:
"After a good dusting over the weekend everyone's got the upcoming ski season on his or her mind! Our snowmakers were eager to test fire the snow-guns as they prepare for the temperatures to get a little cooler. Over the next week, we will continue to test fire the guns and position them on the hill. Last year we started blowing snow on September 23rd, and as long as Mother Nature cooperates, we should start around that date this year. Check back here as we will be updating our snow making progress frequently."

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I spent today working in Keystone which means a trip over Loveland Pass. No snowmaking today (to warm) but I think we officially have termination dust on the upper peaks. All of the north and northwest aspects have a pretty solid dusting. The chutes above the east wall at A-Basin have quite a bit of snow as does the large bowl on the nolrth side of the pass.

Looks like next weekend may be the peak for fall colors if any of you are looking for a nice drive.

I wanted to take a picture, but alas, I forgot my camera and am not smart enough to get camera phone pics onto my computer.

Hooray, it's almost winter!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna