• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snowbird really likes kids

smpayne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw this on the Snowbird (Utah) site and thought WOW, this is very cool.

Kids Value Tickets:
Up to two children 7-12 years of age ski for $10 per child, per day on the chairlifts with each adult full day ticket purchase or use of a day from a qualifying season ticket plan. Tram upgrades are $15 per child, per day but complimentary for children of Snowbird lodging guests staying at a nightly rate.​

This actually makes Snowbird cheaper than any of the ofther nearby resorts, if you're bringing the kids.

smpayne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Correction: Brighton also offers the same deal - kids 7-12 $10
So Brighton is cheaper than Snowbird, but either way both are a great deal.

trvlnut

Certified Ski Diva
We ski here every year

This is where we ski. However, the rates have increased since last year ($29 for chairs only, 7 thru 12?). Heck, a few years ago kids were free under 12 years of age. We still ski Snowbird though since my hubby and I buy a 20 pack each year. Any days not used, roll over to the next year.

I should check out Brighton since we will probably use all our Snowbird passes this year.

climber.girl1

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Something to keep in mind, though, is that Snowbird is not the best place for beginner-to-intermediate skiers. There's just not a lot of terrain that's easy enough or doesn't have access issues (have to ski a black to get to a blue or a blue to get to a green, etc.). Brighton and Solitude have better beginning terrain and decent deals for kids as well.

trvlnut

Certified Ski Diva
Something to keep in mind, though, is that Snowbird is not the best place for beginner-to-intermediate skiers. There's just not a lot of terrain that's easy enough or doesn't have access issues (have to ski a black to get to a blue or a blue to get to a green, etc.). Brighton and Solitude have better beginning terrain and decent deals for kids as well.

I agree that Snowbird has limited beginner terrain, however, my two children have learned to ski at Snowbird and I think that they aren't afraid of the terrain at all. They have no idea it's "steep."

The baby Thunder area is a perfect area for beginners and they spend a great deal of their time over there.

My 9 yo daughter just started skiing blacks there and she skied Mineral Basin for the first time this year.:ski2: If you look at a trail map, there are beginning runs in Mineral Basin. Of course, you are right, she needs to ski down Road to Provo to get back down to the bottom.

I'm happy with Snowbird's ski school, but I do think that Alta's terrain is better suited to beginners. They took a week of lessons there last year. So what am I sayin', well, the kids won't know any better. However, an adult might be intimidated at Snowbird's steepness.:fear:

BTW at Snowbird, if you purchase your ski school before the start of the year, it's only $120 per day for the 7+ age group. Much cheaper than most areas.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga