• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snow Country ski boot bag (from LL Bean)

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First, I'm not really sure why I'm reviewing this product b/c it appears not to be sold anymore, at least, it's no longer on LL Bean's website. I had originally received the ski cargo bag from LL Bean for x-mas, but the thing was so huge, I could have crawled into it to be shipped to Whistler. So, I put in an exchange order for this product, the Snow Country ski boot bag, which was backordered until 2/18. It arrived early, today. Yay!

This is a backpack style gear bag. Construction is mostly nylon with mesh zip side pockets. There is a very thick/durable vinyl bottom. Boots go in two side compartments, which have grommeted holes for water to get out. The center compartment pulls away and is secured with velcro and zips.

IMG_1300.jpg
IMG_1301.jpg

I haven't had a chance to field test it yet, but I've put in all my gear except socks, change of clothes, and lunch/snacks. There will likely be enough room for all this. So far, the only minor complaint is the lack of a lumbar strap when I put the pack on.

Doh. I just realized this isn't the gear review forum. Oh moderator, where are you??? :smile:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Boot backpacks changed my life. Well, okay, not that dramatic, but I can't imagine not using one now. Why didn't someone think of this 20+ years ago???? Where I usually ski, shuttle buses are required from parking to base lodge. Do these packs make all the difference or WHAT???

I'm not a big fan of the Transpack-style, though. They are SOOO "deep." I prefer a rectangular bag, just easier to get in/out of buses and not as bulky to remove and sit down. The boots fit in sideways, each in opposite direction. Plenty of room for all else. Transpacks leave room in the center for helmet. Heck, why store it? Wear it! Easiest place for it is on my head, I'm only shuttling .5 mi to the base lodge!!

Jilly

Staff member
I have a similar type of backpack bag I use for day trips. The boots are strapped on the outside with a huge interior bag and two smaller ones in the centre. I too don't like the cargo bags for day use. I really don't want to put my wet boots into a bag to carry them home. They're great for long trip, but not day trips. Even when I pack for a long trip, I place my boots in heavy plastic bags (Ontario divas, the LCBO bags are the best) and then pack them into the side pockets of my cargo bag. Keeps everything clean.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga