• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Smilies Request

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heya, I'm getting more and more appreciative of the extra features on the site. However, (yes, there's always a however, isn't there?)...it's really hard to sift through the smilies! They're all mixed together, with happy smilies mixed with sad and angry ones, and the large ones make the lines seem blended together. Also, I can't remember the html codes, and they no longer show up when you add a smilie to your post, so I can't just memorize the ones I like and type the code in instead of hunting for the smilie. Of course, it's a little better when I hit 'esc' to stop the flash from running.

I'm also still wondering what the giant carrot is for. :spit:

So, could you post the html codes for the ones we can use? And someday when you have absolutely nothing to do, which I'm sure happens all the time, maybe they could be organized? :blah:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Heya, I'm getting more and more appreciative of the extra features on the site. However, (yes, there's always a however, isn't there?)...it's really hard to sift through the smilies! They're all mixed together, with happy smilies mixed with sad and angry ones, and the large ones make the lines seem blended together. Also, I can't remember the html codes, and they no longer show up when you add a smilie to your post, so I can't just memorize the ones I like and type the code in instead of hunting for the smilie. Of course, it's a little better when I hit 'esc' to stop the flash from running.

I'm also still wondering what the giant carrot is for. :spit:

So, could you post the html codes for the ones we can use? And someday when you have absolutely nothing to do, which I'm sure happens all the time, maybe they could be organized? :blah:

I wish there were a way to organize them better, as there was in the old software; unfortunately, there isn't (at least not yet). However, if you go here, you'll find shortcuts you can use, so maybe that will help.

I could cut them down. If there were fewer, they'd be easier to sort through.

One tip -- believe it or not, they're alphabetically arranged. So "argue" is first, followed by "attention," "bag over the head," "ball and chain," etc.

BTW, the carrot is meant as an encouragement of sorts, sort of like a carrot on a stick.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought the new software must make it harder. But don't cut any! I'll print out the shortcuts and be happy. I think it's pretty funny that they're alphabetical, though.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga