• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

SkiLogik - bad model name, good ski

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
SkiLogik Isis (:eek:) tt (twin tip)

https://www.skilogik.com/

SkiLogik Isis tt 165 (2013-2014 model)
dimensions: 136-92-122, twin tip configuration
turn radius: 15 @ 165
lots of camber under foot
Graphics: To Die For - inlaid wood and mother of pearl, black locust sidewalls

Mounted with Salomon STH10 @ recommended center

Pilot: Skinny beanpole senior - but with guts and muscle memory?
Years skiing: many
Ability: Some days I’m the bug, some days I’m the windshield
Other skis: Dynastar Eden 165, Nordica Wild Belle 162

So it’s only been a few days so far on these.
Here to report that the brand will probably always be indy/boutique - but - oh, the graphics : ) These are performance skis.

Okay - these are wider than my usual low to mid 80's all-mountain. Just bigger all around, except for the length. My general MO is - just go ski.

These are rock-solid performers, with a preference for anything loose or crud, and they plow through it. I don’t have much mass to do this, so I compensate with speed : ) At cruising speeds, these boards are giant slayers. I even ventured into the far edge of some sizable bumps - the tail configuration helped me release what is typically a non-wonderful exit. On harder snow, I saw no response difference versus my other skis.

The turn radius of 15 for a ski of these dimensions is surprising - but true to specs. I could really throw these around in short radius with some muscle and effort. Edging was spectacular - as good as any mid-low 80's I’ve tried. Speed limit: haven’t opened them up big - yet. No metal - all wood and carbon fiber construction.

The SkiLogik line-up is highly varied in terms of camber-rocker configuration offerings - and all graphics are inlaid wood and gorgeous. Custom graphics are an add-on expense - but are reasonable. Examples of their custom work is on the website. Not many ski companies offer this option. Full custom flex and specs are also available, at a $$price$$.

I’d put them roughly in the same category as the former Nordica Hell’s Belles in terms of performance characteristics, appropriate skill level and terrain/snow preference. Possibly Ramp Chickadee, although I’ve not been on those.

Good for a very strong intermediate and up, someone with some mass and muscle to help the skis tackle the piles that sometimes throw other skis around. I will use them on my more energetic days - when I know there will be some leftover snow to get through - and I’ve eaten my Wheaties. Waiting on some freshies for that test — I plan on making these my “light powder” skis.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skilogik makes some stunning skis.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
A mixed (perhaps?) blessing: snow really tends to cling to the finish, semi-camouflaging it when one is "out there." Maybe in some places this is a good thing? But cleaned off, they truly are lovely. Better yet, they ski great!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I'm confused - why is Isis a problem?

altagirl

Staff member
Yeah, I'm confused - why is Isis a problem?

ISIS - the terrorist organization...

Granted, I had to think about it for quite a while too - my first thought still went to the goddess Isis, as I'm used to NPR saying "IS, the so-called Islamic State..." or some such thing and didn't even connect it. But I know other things named ISIS have had to change their name recently due to potential negative publicity.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ISIS - the terrorist organization...

Granted, I had to think about it for quite a while too - my first thought still went to the goddess Isis, as I'm used to NPR saying "IS, the so-called Islamic State..." or some such thing and didn't even connect it. But I know other things named ISIS have had to change their name recently due to potential negative publicity.

OHHHH.

Meh. I don't think anyone should hand them that kind of power. Isis is a goddess, and she wouldn't give up her power that easily.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Well, the SkiLogik model name predates the endless news (I have TWO print magazines that feature that name right on the cover this week). Nothing much wrong with a ski model named "Say Hail" either - but if Volkl were to name a ski model "Sieg Heil"....eyebrows would raise? Extreme (and possibly obtuse?) example, granted - and I agree that the goddess name Isis has been....lost in current-event-translation....<sigh>

ETA: model name is only under boot. Small-ish. And now cleverly covered with local stickers. :smile:

Last edited:

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Off topic, but speaking of Isis, that was the name of the dog on Downton Abbey. This season, the dog died and I didn't even hear the name mentioned - as in "poor old Isis, we sure miss her..."

altagirl

Staff member
Off topic, but speaking of Isis, that was the name of the dog on Downton Abbey. This season, the dog died and I didn't even hear the name mentioned - as in "poor old Isis, we sure miss her..."
Lame.

I used to have pay by phone app that was called Isis, which they renamed to "SurePay".

And then there is the tv show Archer. Hah, they had an interview with one of the shows creators, talking about how they used to sell this logo gear with ISIS on it. Which was funny, it was the name of their fictional and thoroughly inept spy agency. ... Suddenly, his dad was wearing an ISIS hat and started getting really dirty looks. Sigh. They created a plot line to have the CIA buy out the company on the show.

But I agree with bounceswoosh. I'd rather not give them the attention by changing names of existing things.

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow those skis are beautiful, the artwork available is absolutely stunning. I love the leopard with the blue eyes. Hope they ski as wonderfully as they look.

MSL I'm surprised you didn't go for the Grateful Dead topsheets!

If only I could afford all the great skis in the world lol

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
MSL I'm surprised you didn't go for the Grateful Dead topsheets!
Ha, I'm frankly not a deadhead. (What a "cult"/following that is!)
Skis were a holiday gift, so I was most pleased : )

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They're gorgeous! I was just going by the sig ;-)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna