• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing partner hurt

judyf1

Certified Ski Diva
I'm totally bummed. My DH has a herniated disc in his neck and is going to have to have surgery soon. Skiing is likely out for him this season. We'll still be heading up to Okemo every weekend, but I fear I am going to be doing a lot of skiing on my own. Hopefully, I'll be able to tag along with friends/parents of my kids ski buddies, but it definitely won't be the same. DH and I always have such a blast skiing together.

Sorry to whine.:(

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Get a few more posts here and you'll see our meet on the hill forum. There are a bunch of Okemo skiing Divas, including the Ski Diva. Cheer up, we're here for you!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear this, Judy. My husband is my favorite skiing buddy, too, and I'd be upset if I couldn't ski with him.

I'm only working Fridays and Saturdays this year, so maybe we can take a few turns! :ski2:

Here's hoping he has a full and speedy recovery. Maybe he'll be on the hill sooner than you think!

DawnSuiter

Certified Ski Diva
I'd be lost without my DH right now, I don't have any ski buddies of my own that live within 5 hours, and the one that is THAT close, well there just isn't a resort to meet at between us :(

I hope someday to graduate to the thread where I get to meet some local divas... just hoping there are a couple nearby

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear about your husband's injury. :( It's unfortunate that you're losing your ski buddy for this season, but look at it this way: you now have an opportunity to make some new ski buddies. :D

judyf1

Certified Ski Diva
thanks for the encouraging words. I know I need to look at this as an opportunity to meet some new ski friends. Hopefully I will. I hate myself for being irrationally mad at him for getting hurt. I know he didn't do this on purpose, but man....does it screw up my plans for an awesome ski season!!

I'm horrible aren't I.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:( So sorry to hear this.
But hey----he has to remedy this - important!!
Let's hope that New England has another great late season, because by that time, he'll surely want to come along if just for the fresh air.
There are so many divas out in that specific region who will be glad to meet up with you!
Stay with us, keep posting, get into the Divas Only section. I'll bet you'll wind up with a whole new circle.
BEST OF LUCK to your DH!!!

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
as of today, I just lost my dh ski buddy who broke his toe. 8 weeks to heal. Now I will be skiing alone with during our december/january ski trips. TAW

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:eek::eek: ** What's going on here?? ** :eek::eek:
This is bordering a mini-epidemic...

:(

Man, I'm watching mine like a HAWK tomorrow....

Sending healing thoughts your way....all of you....

judyf1, do you ever ski Okemo mid-week? There are a few of us that do. I ski Okemo on Tuesdays and it would be fun to take a few turn together.

Maybe this will open up some other window for you in terms of skiing -- some lessons? A program? Sometimes one door closing is another opening....

Still stinks though. :mad2:

And TAW, that's a bummer! Are you coming to ESA Stowe?

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:eek::eek: ** What's going on here?? ** :eek::eek:
This is bordering a mini-epidemic...

:(

Man, I'm watching mine like a HAWK tomorrow....

Sending healing thoughts your way....all of you....

No kidding!! My diva dude took off skiing without me twice this weekend..... luckily no injuries. If he did get hurt I'd have people to ski with, but he's the only person in my immediate group who can take off with me for a midweek ski day at the drop of a hat, and those are the most fun!!! (Gonna stop talking about it before it becomes a self-fulfilled prophecy!)

Rest assured though, there are PLENTY New England Divas to keep each other company on the hill....... honestly that was my main reason for joining the group!

judyf1

Certified Ski Diva
Unfortunately, we generally don't make it up to Okemo mid-week. But we are there every weekend and all school vacations (along with all the crowds-yuck). I'm trying to change my attitude and look at this as an opportunity to meet some new people and work on my skills. I'm thinking about trying the women's clinics at Okemo. Has anyone done them (WAA)?

Thanks for the nice words everyone! This is definitely a supportive place.

I did a WAA program in Feb. '06, and it's great. There's at least one Diva who's a coach with WAA. Just watch out for the food they serve. It's super good and I ate too much!

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry to hear...but I find skiing alone once in a while kind of liberating. It's nice sometimes to be all by yourself with your skis and the slope.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga