• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing after hysterectomy

lv2ski

Certified Ski Diva
I do plan to keep active...if it would stop raining today I will go for my walk. Anyone think a personal trainer at my gym would be a good idea? I don't know how much training they have though. PT is too expensive even with insurance. I suppose I know what I need to do really. I had a knee issue last year from skiing that I went to PT for, it helped a little. So that will be another factor :rolleyes:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do plan to keep active...if it would stop raining today I will go for my walk. Anyone think a personal trainer at my gym would be a good idea? I don't know how much training they have though. PT is too expensive even with insurance. I suppose I know what I need to do really. I had a knee issue last year from skiing that I went to PT for, it helped a little. So that will be another factor :rolleyes:
What I did:
It just so happens that my nurse was also a personal trainer at the local gym.
She was the one who told me to walk aimlessly around my house for the first few weeks, until I could get out and risk the snowy roadway to walk.
Another thing she encouraged me to do to develop my core(along with deep breathing) was mild pilates.
There were a ton of beginner pilates moves that worked well in getting me strong and flexible.
Pilates is your friend.

I can not say enough about breathing!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga