• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

ski travel packing list for Europe

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
heiße Schokolade mit schlag (my poor German for "hot chocolate with whip cream). Memories...

As for those lift cards: They have an RFID chip in them. If you have anything else with them (other credit cards, cell phone, even those little RECCO avalanche beacons), they will interfere with the transmission and you won't be able to open the gate. We have that problem all the time here at our resort. People stuff all sorts of junk in with their cards. Also, sometimes, the location of your card is important. Be sure to ask if it needs to be on a specific side of your body. Ours have to be on the left side for the readers.

abc

Banned
Really? Where are y'all skiing? I've got a whole collection!
Maybe it's just France you can keep them?
Must be, then. I've been skiing in Switzerland and all of the resorts wants their RF liftpass back. There're even refund machines at the train stations, into which you insert the card, out came the deposit.

I wonder if they're using a different brand than the resorts in France. With the Swiss pass, I can put all sort of stuff in the pocket with the card and it still works. Only exception is cell phone, which I don't usually carry (because it's too damn expensive to use it over there anyway)! It's also less sensive to which pocket I put them in, I can put them on the right pocket and, even though the sensor is usually on the left side, I just slightly turn my body to bring the card closer to the sensor for it to work.

Skise

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here in Finland the resorts either just sell cards (usually 6 euros) or also "rent" them (you get the money back when you return the card). The cards can be used in other resorts with the same system so I just have two of them (one card can hold several passes at a time but when buying a pass at the resort the information is printed on the card and wipes out whatever was printed on it previously - like my picture that is required on the season pass). Some resorts also have single use paper cards but not many, I'd guess they are relatively expensive for the resort.

So at least here it's possible to collect the cards from every resort but the cost is 6 euros/card.

I've had all kinds of stuff with a card in my pocket and so far the only thing that has caused problems has been having two cards in there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna