• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

ski travel packing list for Europe

MontanaSkier

Certified Ski Diva
Love skiing in Austria. Went to Solden Febuary 2010 and it was awesome.

It was my first Europe trip and we packed pretty well. We got a big ski bag so we could fit both our skis in one, it worked really well. We just made sure to pack in between the skis so they wouldn't bang against each other during travel. For boots we put them both in one bag. Then for our clothes all in another. So we had 1 ski bag, 1 boot bag, and 1 clothes bag...we packed pretty light.

I liked packing my skis and boots just because I know them...but the renting they had there was unbelievable...and wasn't too expensive either. We did rent a couple days just to try out some new things, which was fun.

I love Innsbruck...we did take a day off skiing to go visit there. It was amazing. If I think of any good spots I will let you know.

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another tip when traveling so far is to handcarry your ski boots on the plane. You do not want to loose them on the way over the pond. The airline companies are quite used to this, and have no problems with it. I have at least never experienced any problems with it.

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tend to travel pretty light and dress down most of the time, even in Europe, so I'm not sure if this list will apply to you. But for whatever it's worth, my packing list for my week-long ski holiday to France (plus a day in Geneva on each end) looked roughly like this:

-Ski suit - wore the jacket, packed the pants
-2 sets of long underwear
-Polar fleece
-3 pairs of ski socks
-Gloves, neckwarmer, hat, goggles - 1 pair of each (if you lose, you can replace there if need be)
-2 sports bras
-Enough regular socks and undies for the week
-1 pair jeans (wore)
-3 sweaters
-Cute little dress (wore it for NYE but would be appropriate for a nicer dinner out on the town, etc.)
-Pyjamas - sweats and a tee-shirt
-Basic toiletry kit: shampoo/conditioner, comb, soap, toothbrush/toothpaste, razor and gel, deodorant, hairdryer, basic makeup
-Sunscreen!!!
-Hand cream!!! and facial moisturizer/body lotion - it gets *dry* there
-Towel
-Winter boots to wear out while not skiing - mine are black and have a small heel, so they can double as nicer shoes for going out
-Comfy shoes to wear around the chalet
-Ski equipment (I took my boots but rented the skis and poles there. YMMV.)
-Small backpack to wear while skiing - convenient to pack lunch and extra gear - I used this one from MEC, which packed up and fit in my larger pack when I wasn't using it.
-Camera, batteries and charger
-Miniature first aid kit
-Sunglasses
-Flat wallet that fits inside my ski jacket pocket

That was basically my packing list. Hope that helps!

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll be in St. Anton the week of February 20th and this thread has been helpful.

Any suggestions for good apres bars in St. Anton?

Ohhhh I'm so jealous, I LOVE St Anton.

The two most famous apres bars in the world, afaik, are in St Anton: Krazy Kanguruh and Mooserwirt. Have fun! :eyebrows:

Oh yes!

Also please drop into the Piccadilly. That was our apres bar of choice, fab live music.

I'm off to Zell am See later this month, cannot WAAAAIT :yahoo:

EDIT: ps - no-one cares what you wear for apres, just get the beers in. Only the posh women wander around in furs carrying dogs (well they certainly will do in St Moritz!) and who cares what they think?

MontanaSkier

Certified Ski Diva
Great list segacs.

Also, forgot to mention, but depending on where you are going they give you a ski pass that you use to scan through entrances at each lift. It is incredibly handy if you have an arm pocket or chest pocket to put the pass in. It will scan through your coat.

Don't pile a bunch of stuff into the pocket along with your pass, it won't scan. (I did this---so embarrassing! :doh:) I dropped all my stuff, and the locals were being really nice handing it back, but I held up the line. Ooooops! :smile:

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great list segacs.

Also, forgot to mention, but depending on where you are going they give you a ski pass that you use to scan through entrances at each lift. It is incredibly handy if you have an arm pocket or chest pocket to put the pass in. It will scan through your coat.

Don't pile a bunch of stuff into the pocket along with your pass, it won't scan. (I did this---so embarrassing! :doh:) I dropped all my stuff, and the locals were being really nice handing it back, but I held up the line. Ooooops! :smile:

Yes! This! My jacket has a chest pocket, which I used just for the magnetic pass, and it was great the whole time. I'm pretty short, though, and the scanners were at the right height. I noticed that some of the taller people I was skiing with had some trouble passing through the card readers since the chest pockets were too high. Arm pockets might work better in those cases.

(The only sad thing about those magnetic cards? No lift tickets stuck on the jackets as souvenirs.)

skieuse

Certified Ski Diva
(The only sad thing about those magnetic cards? No lift tickets stuck on the jackets as souvenirs.)
Not at all! You get to keep them, so you can line them all up somewhere...

One of my jackets has a card pocket under the powder waist and it works well there.

bitoffluff

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The two most famous apres bars in the world, afaik, are in St Anton: Krazy Kanguruh and Mooserwirt. Have fun! :eyebrows:

i remember the mooserwirt last year. Its only a couple hundred metres to the bottom of this piste but after a dehydrating full day of skiing and a huge flaggon on beer you can either join in or watch everyone leaping on their skis afterwards and tackling the moguls or give it a go yourself- hilarious either way!

robynb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tend to travel pretty light and dress down most of the time, even in Europe, so I'm not sure if this list will apply to you. But for whatever it's worth, my packing list for my week-long ski holiday to France (plus a day in Geneva on each end) looked roughly like this:

-Polar fleece
-3 pairs of ski socks
-Gloves, neckwarmer, hat, goggles - 1 pair of each (if you lose, you can replace there if need be)
-2 sports bras
-1 pair jeans (wore)
-3 sweaters
-Cute little dress (wore it for NYE but would be appropriate for a nicer dinner out on the town, etc.)
-Basic toiletry kit: shampoo/conditioner, comb, soap, toothbrush/toothpaste, razor and gel, deodorant, hairdryer, basic makeup
-Sunscreen!!!
-Towel
-Winter boots to wear out while not skiing - mine are black and have a small heel, so they can double as nicer shoes for going out
-Small backpack to wear while skiing - convenient to pack lunch and extra gear - I used this one from MEC, which packed up and fit in my larger pack when I wasn't using it.
-Miniature first aid kit
-Sunglasses

good stuff!!! :thumbsup:Thanks

Bumblebee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm driving to St. Anton next weekend for a couple of weeks - anyone going to be around? :smile:

Weather reports are looking vile - warm and wet. <sigh> I go in January because I like f.r.i.g.i.d! Minus double figures please.

robynb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
we may plan a day trip to St Anton but not sure yet.
Never been so it'd be nice to have someone who's familiar with it!

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm driving to St. Anton next weekend for a couple of weeks - anyone going to be around? :smile:

Weather reports are looking vile - warm and wet. <sigh> I go in January because I like f.r.i.g.i.d! Minus double figures please.

29th of Jan!

After you leave unfortunately.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

-Polar fleece
-3 pairs of ski socks
-2 sports bras
-1 pair jeans (wore)
-3 sweaters
-Sunscreen!!!
-Towel
-Miniature first aid kit
-Sunglasses

Don't forget dress shoes to go with that dress!

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't forget dress shoes to go with that dress!

I'm a fan of fewer pairs of shoes on the road, which can serve multiple purposes. In this case, my winter boots also doubled as dress shoes, since they're black, with a heel, and the height was pretty much appropriate.

If your winter boots don't work as dress shoes, consider packing a pair of cute little ballet flats, which can double as slippers to lounge around the chalet, and dress shoes to wear out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna