• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski replacement for Volkl Aura

sweetmel

Certified Ski Diva
I have loved my Aura’s but it time for new skis. Any suggestions on a similar ski that I should demo?

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have loved my Aura’s but it time for new skis. Any suggestions on a similar ski that I should demo?
I'm not versed enough on skis, but did come across this thread which might interest you:

mustski

Angel Diva
I am also a former Aura lover and still have my hummingbirds. I don't ski them anymore but still love how pretty they are. I have never stopped skiing Volkl. I moved from Aura to Volkl 90eights (still own and still ski) but my all time favorite Volkl (and my current daily driver) is the Secret 96. It is basically a much improved Aura. If you liked the Aura, I definitely recommend the 96 over the 102 as an Aura replacement.

maddy13

Certified Ski Diva
The Auras are so darn reliable. I started today on some Liberty Genesis 106, got frustrated in chop and variable snow, and went right back to my Auras. Not playful or poppy, but most days I go right back to them.

Good luck in your search!

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my Secret 96s. I've had them on hard pack to a few inches of powder and they do it all. I mostly ski in the berkshires and southern vermont.

mustski

Angel Diva
The Auras are so darn reliable. I started today on some Liberty Genesis 106, got frustrated in chop and variable snow, and went right back to my Auras. Not playful or poppy, but most days I go right back to them.

Good luck in your search!
Dependable is exactly how I described the Auras and it describes the Secret 96 X10! They are dependable and compliant and I find them easy to ski. They also have a nice little pop at the end of the turn if you drive them hard!

Verve

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ve been thinking about this for a minute and want to add the Nela 96 Stockli to this list of Aura-like skis. It’s a similar compromise between playful and edge-y. I know they aren’t for everyone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga