• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Boot Stiffness

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting video but I still find the whole flex thing confusing. My old Technica Mach1 105LV's felt stiffer than my Redster Sti 110's even after I had the Technicas surgically softened , all I know is that love my Redsters :yahoo:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting video but I still find the whole flex thing confusing. My old Technica Mach1 105LV's felt stiffer than my Redster Sti 110's even after I had the Technicas surgically softened , all I know is that love my Redsters :yahoo:
FWIW, boot flex isn't really consistent across brands so can't be used as a comparison tool. I've got 70 LC Redsters, and they're def a better fit/flex for me than my old 95 Dalbello Chakras, but it's not just the number for me, but the fit and cuff height that allow me to flex the Redsters better (short shins, low weight make boots difficult for me to flex in general). Also, I dunno if it's the same on the adult Redsters, but I really like the plastic on the junior version. Seems to provide a nice, smooth flex.

• Love
Reactions: AJM

mhirschler

Diva in Training
FWIW, boot flex isn't really consistent across brands so can't be used as a comparison tool. I've got 70 LC Redsters, and they're def a better fit/flex for me than my old 95 Dalbello Chakras, but it's not just the number for me, but the fit and cuff height that allow me to flex the Redsters better (short shins, low weight make boots difficult for me to flex in general). Also, I dunno if it's the same on the adult Redsters, but I really like the plastic on the junior version. Seems to provide a nice, smooth flex.
Also in a pair of Redsters! Haven't had the chance to ski them yet, but the flex on them feels great—way smoother than my previous boots.

Reactions: AJM

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Should I keep them or return them before its too late?
I don't see that you mentioned which is your home mountain, but I totally agree that you should find a certified bootfitter near where you ski. They will not only get you into a boot that fits you properly, but will also let you come back for tweaking after you ski in them, and will discuss custom-molded insoles, etc. Here's a list of bootfitters from a previous post:https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/list-of-bootfitters-across-the-world.6375/

yogiskier

Angel Diva
Came across this good video on ski boot stiffness, so thought I'd share:

"The flex is dependent on the foot inside of it." Also impressed that he was so brutally honest about the profitability reason for having flex numbers, despite him working at aforementioned ski shop.

Currently boning up on knowledge in preparation for an upcoming bootfitting appt and as always the ski diva forum has not disappointed! :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga