• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski apps

MissySki

Angel Diva
I used to use Trace, which I quite liked because it showed your trail maps and colored your path depending on how fast you were going at any given point (red = the place I fell down and had to stop to put a ski back on!). I didn't like it because it doesn't hook up to my iPhone health app and seems to drain my battery. So this year I decided to test Slopes and I like it - it syncs to the health app and is much kinder on the battery. It doesn't do the cool colors for speed, but overall I agree that the free version is really more than sufficient, and I think it'll be my app of choice moving forward.

Glad to hear another positive review for Slopes! Stinks that Trace had the less favorable aspects because the speed colors sounds pretty cool!

Littlesonique

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use slopes free version. I may pay now that I can do a family plan. I have Ski tracks too but didn’t like it as much. Slopes works on Apple Watch too.

Am716

Certified Ski Diva
I have Slopes and SNOCRU and preferred slopes but wasn’t super impressed with either. I now use trace snow based on what the other patrollers use at my mountain and I am happy with it. Doesn’t drain my battery at all. Is it perfect? No. Does it give me some stats that I like to see, yes. Do I remember to always start it? Absolutely not. Lol

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH uses SkiTracks. I prefer to ski tech-free. Call me old-school, but I don't care to count runs/speed. I count in terms of how I feel and new places I explored off piste.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been using Ski Tracks since 2014-2015 and like it however, it drains my battery. I'm interested in other options that are kinder on my battery or maybe I just need a new phone.
Make sure you turn your Wi-Fi off. I can go pretty much all day with very little battery drain (I'm a beta tester for the app, so if you have any other issues, let me know).

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmm thats a good tip. I never turn my wifi off but don't think its connecting to much out on the mountain. When I was in Tahoe Heavenly had WiFi in the lodges but you couldn't connect on the slopes. Are you saying it was trying to connect that whole time? I guess that could be a battery drainer.

Also I did get a new phone and didn't have issues with the battery now.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmm thats a good tip. I never turn my wifi off but don't think its connecting to much out on the mountain. When I was in Tahoe Heavenly had WiFi in the lodges but you couldn't connect on the slopes. Are you saying it was trying to connect that whole time? I guess that could be a battery drainer.

Also I did get a new phone and didn't have issues with the battery now.
The problem with it not connecting is it is then continually searching for a signal, thus the battery drain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna