• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski apps

Tvan

Angel Diva
I used to use Ski Tracks, but stopped. Knowing how fast I was going made me want to see if I could go “just a little faster next time.” You can imagine where this is going, right? Two runs later, I wiped out rather spectacularly and managed to only sprain my thumb. Could have been much worse, but I scared myself enough to stop using the app.

Your mileage may vary.

kiki

Angel Diva
I don't much care about my statistics as its about having fun but my hisband is obsessed with it amd the epic mix app sucks--it just counts when you pass the scanning devices on the lifts

Jilly

Staff member
I only one I would want would be to review the runs after the day. Flaik that they had a WB would let you save the day on a pdf that could be printed out.

I think @volklgirl has a neat one that I see on FB!

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't keep track of individual runs, but to keep track of ski days, I use Slopesquad.

jskis190

Certified Ski Diva
I really enjoyed keeping track of my vertical feet when we had an epic pass. I don't have a very large data plan so am unsure of using a phone app. I looked at the slopes app. Does anyone know if this uses data? I am trying to upgrade my tech skills but am always nervous of doing something new with my phone.

MissySki

Angel Diva
How is slopes on your battery?

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I am as soon as I start using my iwatch skiing. My friend has it though and loves it. She showed me at the end of our last ski day that her phone battery was still full, I asked her about it because SkiTracks used to kill mine which is why I stopped using it. The thing I liked the most is that it shows how much time you spent skiing vs in line vs on the lift and also does a graphic of the trails you skied that day along eith the usual stats.

kiki

Angel Diva
I haven't downloaded it yet, but I am as soon as I start using my iwatch skiing. My friend has it though and loves it. She showed me at the end of our last ski day that her phone battery was still full, I asked her about it because SkiTracks used to kill mine which is why I stopped using it. The thing I liked the most is that it shows how much time you spent skiing vs in line vs on the lift and also does a graphic of the trails you skied that day along eith the usual stats.
That does sound cool!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use ski trax (sp?) which seems to be kind on my battery use and fun for my guests to see what we accomplished in a day. I never use it for myself, but might do so on a vacation coming up to compare to home. I sometimes forget to turn it off and wonder how I went so fast, until I look at the slop profile...flat! Ha!

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use Ski Tracker. The main point for me is that is breaks down time actually spent skiing vs sitting on chairlifts, which helps keep me from pigging out ("but I've been skiing for 4 hours!!! I can eat 1000 calories worth of nachos!" - then I realize that somehow between 9:30 and 1:30 only 1 real hour of activity has taken place because children had to pee, I fiddled with my boots for each of the first five runs, lift queues were horrendous or whatever).
It shows distance traveled, vertical, average slope steepness, and max speed.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been using Ski Tracks since 2014-2015 and like it however, it drains my battery. I'm interested in other options that are kinder on my battery or maybe I just need a new phone.

Ice Kitten

Certified Ski Diva
I used to use Trace, which I quite liked because it showed your trail maps and colored your path depending on how fast you were going at any given point (red = the place I fell down and had to stop to put a ski back on!). I didn't like it because it doesn't hook up to my iPhone health app and seems to drain my battery. So this year I decided to test Slopes and I like it - it syncs to the health app and is much kinder on the battery. It doesn't do the cool colors for speed, but overall I agree that the free version is really more than sufficient, and I think it'll be my app of choice moving forward.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna