• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sidecut radius vs. width underfoot

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Generally speaking, i have found that K2 and Dynastars are softer than Volkl, Atomics and Elans.
Generally, I would have to agree. However, try this some time if you can: back to back with Atomic Affinity Storm and Dynastar Eden. If those skis had been masked and I'd had one on one foot and the other on the other foot, I would scarcely have been able to distinguish. And that was near a first for me w/demo. SO CLOSE! Waiting to see if Jilly can do this at demo Saturday and/or Dec 26 and find that tiny distinguishing difference/characteristic. It was cool.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:eyebrows: should I ship my Salomon Topaz skis out to you? Now, there's a decent chance you may find some in a demo fleet somewhere since they are not making that model anymore. I really love those skis for cruising around. I also like the Kenja for the same thing...speedy carving. The Topaz is not as quick or as stiff as the Kenja but certainly a nice little ski for skill-building. 74 waist I think.

mustski

Angel Diva
Even if you can't find a demo day event, maybe you can demo from a place on the hill that will let you switch them out...
when you do, we want reviews! :thumbsup:

I would think the Blizzard Viva line should be on the short list, but I wasn't able to find any Blizzards to demo either.
I was thinking of the Blizzard Viva line also. After watching DH love his magnum 8.1 that I bought him, I really want to try the Viva line myself. I'm looking towards a new carver. Although I would love to spend more time in the soft stuff, my reality is mostly groomed hardpack in SoCal.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You didn't make it "harder for yourself", but gained an experience. Once you get on skis that are more suitable for learning you will things will go much easier than they would for skiers without your experience.

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:eyebrows: should I ship my Salomon Topaz skis out to you? Now, there's a decent chance you may find some in a demo fleet somewhere since they are not making that model anymore. I really love those skis for cruising around. I also like the Kenja for the same thing...speedy carving. The Topaz is not as quick or as stiff as the Kenja but certainly a nice little ski for skill-building. 74 waist I think.

Hah, yeah, my first thought in reading the OP's post is that she'd probably enjoy my Salomon Opals. The Topaz's were in the same line, one step away (up or down, can't remember). That line has all been changed over since then, but you might still find some in used or demo sales.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna