• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Saying Goodbye to TapaTalk

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who access TheSkiDiva using TapaTalk, here's a head's up: I've gone ahead and disabled it from the forum. I've been getting tons of spam account registrations via the software, and I've decided enough is enough. Seriously, I just went through the user list and deleted about 200 spam accounts. This appears to be a real failing of the program, so I'd like to try to get along without it.

I've looked at the forum on my smart phone, and I think it holds up pretty well. Give it a try, and I'm sure you'll agree.

Hope you understand.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm delighted to be done with Tapatalk! I've hated every "improvement" they've made over the years.

I've had trouble with the mobile version in the past, and sometimes I can't get a mobile-friendly display at all. But no matter what, kudos for cutting the cord on Tapatalk!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Doh. Well, that explains why I couldn't load the site on my phone today ... I'll give the mobile site a try.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There is a mobile version of Ski Diva? How do I get to it?

I don't think there's a mobile site per se, but it looks and acts fine on my iPod touch. But as I was reminded when I tried to respond to this thread on the Droid several hours ago, the only reason I used Tapatalk at all is that the site is very android unfriendly, at least in the native app, as well as Firefox. In the native app, text either comes up really small (but wrapped to the small screen) or it's so tiny that it's almost unreadable unless I zoom in and scroll back and forth to read. Writing a post is a nightmare in which the cursor behaves insanely, resulting in completely garbled text, and I'm unable to select, copy, or paste text. Spellcheck, auto-capitalizing after a period, word suggestions, and swyping don't work either.

I'll report back tomorrow with specifics on the site's behavior with Firefox and Dolphin.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks nice. We must have different brand phones. I can download Chrome on my HTC but the native app is something different. I chucked Chrome because I like Firefox more, but I could always switch.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I stand corrected, because it turns out that the problem was the keyboard I was using. See, HTC's stock Sense keyboard sucks, so I've always used a third party keyboard, and for ages have lived with Swiftkey despite its mediocre performance. But I just downloaded the Google keyboard, which swypes just as well but has better word recognition and, more importantly, seems to work just fine on this site. What a relief!!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I have the HTC One and the site works fine on it ... although I really do prefer the Tapatalk interface on my phone =/

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do have to say that I'll still use my iPod (it's wifi-only) when I'm lounging on the sofa instead of sitting at my desk; the display is clearer and a little bigger, and both Mercury (basically Firefox for iOS) and Safari wrap the text if I double-tap the screen. Now if someone would just buy me an iPad mini! :wink:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I'm the lone person who liked Tapatalk. :smile:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I'm the lone person who liked Tapatalk. :smile:
I used to like Tapatalk, but the changes they made to the interface over the past few years actually made it less user friendly. It was still better than dealing with the website with the HTC browser, though.

Now if only I could figure out how to get gmail not to use the HTC browser for links in emails, because as it turns out even my new keyboard doesn't play nice on the HTC browser.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna