• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Santa Ana 93 or 98?

weaknings

Diva in Training
Hey folks,

It’s my first time buying skis in years. I’m currently skiing on the Salomon Rockette (discountinued, but wider all mountain verging more on the side of a powder ski). I treat it like an all mountain ski but decided I was ready to try out something new. Just a note, I plan to hang on to these skis and still use them on deeper days.

I mostly ski steep back bowl terrain in the Canadian Rockies (Lake Louise), and Whistler. I do enjoy ripping a groomer here and there.

I went and bought the Santa Ana 93s today but I’m worried I made the wrong choice and should have gone for the 98s. Will the 93s handle steep back bowl terrain? They’re not usually full of powder or anything at Lake Louise, but obviously they’re off-piste.

Thank you!

weaknings

Diva in Training
Hey all - I ended up switching to the 98 after doing more research! I think it's the right call since my current ski is 115 underfoot.

Can't figure out how to delete my initial question... haha

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great ski! I think the 98 is the better choice for where you want to ski them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga