• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Run color question

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds silly but for better understanding your postings. How are the runs in classified North America?

Here in Switzerland:
Green/Blue ---> Easy/Beginner slopes
Red ---> Intermediate slopes
Black ---> Difficult slopes
Yellow ---> Freeride routes

BUT the resorts have different views of the difficulty of the slopes .... so a black could be red and a red could be blue ..... complicated!

w.ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
green circle - beginner
blue square - intermediate
black diamond - advanced
double diamond - expert

Here, too, these will vary from area to area so a black at one resort may be more like a blue at another. At Ski Sundown, my local little hill in Connecticut, there was a run (Temptor)that was marked a double diamond (don't know if this is still true) - I think that at best it would be a blue at Vermont ski areas.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There is also a double black diamond EX designation that is above the double diamond.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
The thing to remember at least in the US is that each set of ratings is relative to that mountain ONLY. SO a Mt. Spokane black might be a blue run on a different mountain.

I've seen triple diamonds in Canada ( Red Mtn used to use this rating) and some yellow/red for extreme steep terrain also in Canada.

gg

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the information .... So I think in Europe the color of the slopes are more globalized than in north america ... :D

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At Ski Sundown, my local little hill in Connecticut, there was a run (Temptor)that was marked a double diamond (don't know if this is still true) - I think that at best it would be a blue at Vermont ski areas.
Temptor hasn't been a double diamond in a long time. But with it bumped up, I would definitely consider it advanced terrain. I can ski down just about any blue trail; I cannot ski Temptor with bumps on it.

w.ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Temptor hasn't been a double diamond in a long time. But with it bumped up, I would definitely consider it advanced terrain. I can ski down just about any blue trail; I cannot ski Temptor with bumps on it.

This was years ago, before they started to leave bumps on it. Beats me why they thought it was a double diamond!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Terrain parks in the US are usually orange too on top of the trail color.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna