• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Roll: Who has tried, or is getting Renouns?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:thumbsup::thumbsup: I skied the Renoun Z90 on soft packed powder yesterday. I was on the 157 which I expected to feel unstable since it's shorter and narrower than my current ski. However, I absolutely loved them.

I'm sure there would be a learning curve before I took them on steep terrain, but I enjoyed them immediately on the intermediate runs I skied. They were easy to turn, very stable, and very easy on my legs.

When I got back on my Nordics Wildfires (162, 102 underfoot) I had a brief moment of confusion before I made my first turn.

DH and I were just talking about bowling, another sport I enjoy. I told him if I had a Renoun bowling ball I could throw a 300 game.

YEAH!! Where have you been?? I've missed you every day! I knew you would love them!! wait til you take them out in the choppy snow (like today) they are a dream! tell DH.. Being safe skiing is better than $$ in the bank.. Buy them!!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Thanks, @nopoleskier . Since I didn't ski today, I was depressed. When I am depressed I shop.

Major shopping occurred today, as I purchased a pair of Renouns!!!

:jumphappy:

Now I'm happy!!!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
This is my second post asking the same question, but it seems like a great place to ask:

Those who have Renouns or other high value skis, how do you lock them up when you go into the lodge?

Thanks.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
DH is presently waxing my Renouns as we prepare to leave tomorrow for Keystone.

He noticed that the bottom is not flat, but kind of wavy when you run your hand along the bottom of the ski.

Both skis feel this way.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a characteristic of the ski? Thanks .

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH is presently waxing my Renouns as we prepare to leave tomorrow for Keystone.

He noticed that the bottom is not flat, but kind of wavy when you run your hand along the bottom of the ski.

Both skis feel this way.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a characteristic of the ski? Thanks .
I'm not sure that we've experienced that, but we have had some of our test skis fully tuned prior to skiing on them, though I don't think we did on the skis that you demo'd.
I'll ask Phil and our tune guy.

I'd say ski them like they are, and if they feel "off" take them to a guy in Colorado for a full tune. Doug Briggs works at Racer's Edge in Breck and does a great job.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last week I took my Z77s up for some wonderful Spring skiing. I think I have finally found the sweet spot on these skis. At times I couldn't even feel them on my feet, they are so manuverable! The snow was typical frozen marbles and fondant-like frictionless sheets, but they performed beautifully. The sound of the icy marbles under the bases was disconcerting, but I did my best to ignore it.
The 157 is a long ski for me, so I have been using the Renouns primarily on groomed terrain. My ability to manage them in pushed around powder is mediocre. I purchased a Fischer My Mountain in a 150 for those days.

The Z77 performed so well in the variations of Spring snow, that I did not want to stop skiing for the day.

I have also been using my older Dalbello Chakra boot finding them easier to flex than my newer model of the same boot. It's made a noticeable difference in my staying more forward. Apparently Dalbello had changed the boot mold from their original. The older ones fit me so much better.

@skibum4ever and Kiki, glad you are enjoying the new skis!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@skibum4ever, yes at busy places mostly near where they can be taken to a car easily I lock mine up or split them up w/a friend. I'd be sick if they got swiped.

as for the wavy stuff..mine came flat no humps, bumps or anything.. I waxed them and skied on them. I had the edges tuned at Taos, but no base grind..

Yesterday I had the Z-90's out in classic spring slush. I was the last one out there, while everyone else quit because they complained the snow was heavy I was having a ball. I really liked that going from shade (speedy) to sun (slow) I didn't get that over the handle bar feeling! I just cruised right a long. My knees love how stable they are in the chopped up piles of corn, just put them on edge and they slice thru it without hesitation. I didn't want to quit! I stayed out almost to closing bell!!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Looking forward to skiing them in spring conditions.

Side note: I sent Renoun an email about my bases and actually got a response today - Easter Sunday! Then I went to their website to do some reading and the same person who responded was also available for on-line help. Amazing customer service!

Like @SnowHot, he suggested that I ski them, then get a base tune if needed, and Renoun will reimburse me. Once again, I am blown away by the offer! I hope my experience with the skis is as positive as my experience has been with the company. If it is, I will be a fan for life.

:party:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking forward to skiing them in spring conditions.

Side note: I sent Renoun an email about my bases and actually got a response today - Easter Sunday! Then I went to their website to do some reading and the same person who responded was also available for on-line help. Amazing customer service!

Like @SnowHot, he suggested that I ski them, then get a base tune if needed, and Renoun will reimburse me. Once again, I am blown away by the offer! I hope my experience with the skis is as positive as my experience has been with the company. If it is, I will be a fan for life.

:party:
Cyrus and his team are incredible.
I just wish they made the Citadel in a shorter length, but I have to wait. Phil is having fun on them in this spring corn.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I want to try them again. I really think the wax on the pair I tried slowed things down so much, they felt really difficult. I think this because they felt exactly like my skis are feeling in the velcro spring slush!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Had 6" plus today. I love my Renouns. They are quick turning and laugh at lumped up powder. We had a ball skiing the sides of trails where the snow was fresh, thanks to the 12 meter turning radius.

However, now that my skis can ski moguls, I have to work on my mogul technique. Perhaps a class next season.

It's really snowing out there. Apparently DH, who definitely needs a new waterproof ski jacket, may have killed his cell phone today.

SAM_4251.JPG

SAM_4247.JPG

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Skied the Renouns in spring conditions at Vail today. Did very well, in fact I got a nice compliment from a woman who had watched me ski. But...

Skied them on a fairly firm ridge from one side of the mountain to the other. Could not track straight, my skis were all over the place. So I dropped them off at the shop where they were mounted. We'll see if a full tune makes a difference.

Not sure if the pictures we took are clear enough to show the waviness.

Attachments

• IMG_20180411_170410998_LL.jpg
    IMG_20180411_170410998_LL.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20180411_170359630.jpg
    IMG_20180411_170359630.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 26

newboots

Angel Diva
How annoying! I hope the shop’s work will get them back on track!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skied the Renouns in spring conditions at Vail today. Did very well, in fact I got a nice compliment from a woman who had watched me ski. But...

Skied them on a fairly firm ridge from one side of the mountain to the other. Could not track straight, my skis were all over the place. So I dropped them off at the shop where they were mounted. We'll see if a full tune makes a difference.

Not sure if the pictures we took are clear enough to show the waviness.

they do look weird.. Hope the tune puts them right..

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
The shop is holding onto them until Friday when their master tuner arrives. None of the shop people have ever seen anything like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga