• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Roll: Who has tried, or is getting Renouns?

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Renoun roll call... I’m so intrigued by this ski. I think several of you are getting them for this season. (Thoughts also welcome if you tried them last season.)

-Which model and size did you get?
-When will they make their debut?
-Which binding?
-What are they replacing as your daily driver?

Can’t wait to hear what y’all think!

P.S. I hate it when my fingers slip and I post prematurely and can’t edit the headline!
[Edited for you, va_deb! -- Ski Diva]

Last edited by a moderator:

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I purchased a pair of the Limited Edition version at a discount. These are the Z-77 and are the same version as SkiDiva has been using since Cyrus sent them to her, so the white and brownish ones. (they look like black, but aren't ).

I knew I'd never get a chance to demo these and saw a thread about demos being sold off. Well, all those demos were sent to Australia and not coming back. At that point I figured I wasn't going to find a reasonable deal. However, Cyrus contacted me and let me know about a pair he had sitting around that he'd sell to me.

The characteristics of the skis are exactly what I have been looking for, so I am hoping I will like them as much as everyone else does! Most of my ski purchases are skis I have never demoed. I ski them for a season and sell if I am not fond of them. I've been fortunate so far with the skis I currently own, having no intention of letting them go. The RENOUN is another long-term demo I guess. The only doubt I have regarding the Z-77 is the length. 157 is the longest I'd ever consider for a purchase. There have been many 157-158 rockered skis I've demoed, but the length was probably why any of them were not something I'd buy. Last year I did a two-day demo at Jackson Hole on the Atomic Vantage 87. The ski was great, the snow was not. Therefore, I was compelled to hunt for the Z-77 as this year's new demo. But I have a feeling it will stay with me for a very long time.:smile:

I mounted the Look SPX 10 Junior race binding to this ski. Initially I had purchased Tyrolia Attacks and then was reminded about their lack of angle, and went with the Looks. Because I have such a small boot---and body to go with---the bit of ramp on the Look is more helpful than not.

My husband snagged a pair of Endurance 98 two weeks ago. He mounted a Marker Tour binding, which he is now thinking may have been a mistake. He will know once he gets them on the snow.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hope you love yours. Can’t wait to hear more after you try them. Right length IMO is so variable depending on the ski, even taking rocker into consideration. Just curious, what are your stats?

Keep us posted on your husband and the Endurance. Maybe a different setup?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm awaiting delivery of the Z-90's- 165cm
I also am going with the Look bindings.
I love my Atomic 11's for fast front side skiing, (74 under foot)
I think the z90's will be my western ski and soft snow eastern ski. If they ski as well as I think they will I'll probably end up with the 100+ width and perhaps the 77's when my Atomics are beat.
they are the first pair of skis I've purchased without demoing in a long long time!
I can't wait!!

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bumping up in case anyone has been able to try their Renouns.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@va_deb , I sure wish I could offer you some review, but if it doesn't start snowing soon around here, my first day on the Renouns won't be for at least a month. :frown:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Z-77's and love them (I reviewed them in my blog here, in case you missed it). And yes, 157 is a bit long for me, too, but not enough that it causes me any trouble. I think RENOUN is sending me a pair of the Z-90's, too, so I'll let you know how they go. If they're anything like the Z-77's, I don't think I'll be disappointed!

Last edited:

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:frown:. How I wish I could update. No skiing yet for me. Hope it won't be my trip to Big Sky before the Renouns see some action. I'd really like to get them out sooner!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I Skied my Z-90's yesterday and today. I LOVE THEM!! I am amazed at this ski.
Yesterday, Day 1- Conditions were 8+ new snow groomed w/ some un-groomed on top of man made. it snowed all day about 3" (we opened last wkend) There were piles everywhere of soft snow and an excellent base for gripping. That said, on the 2nd turn I was hooked up, they are very nimble, very stable, I loved making quick turns and big turns. Very surprised at how quick they are edge to edge, they are light weight but wow do they work well. and Yes They like to go Fast! (so do I) I put them thru the paces, I tried every thing with them, all I could say with huge dimple cramps all day was WOW! I didn't want to stop skiing, they are that much fun!

Today Day #2 It was Minus 14F last night so the surface was very firm packed powder. I took my Atomic Cloud 11's out (71cm) in the morning since they are made for ripping on stiff corduroy. I still love my Atomics for days like today, so I skied them all morning.

Most of my life I've had a 1 ski (do it all) quiver so having multiple pairs is fun. Finding that one ski that can do it all has always been the question w/modern skis it's easy to amass a quiver (especially with the enabler's on here :-) since some skis excel at carving, others powder.

I just had to know how the Z-90's would do on hard pack, so I took the Z-90's out in the afternoon. There was a bit of scraped powder piled around but still extremely firm packed powder (don't think it made it to 15F today) They performed flawlessly. More Wow factor!

They are really fun to ski, for me did best in messed up snow piles. I am surprised at 90cm how easy they are go from edge to edge and they fly! Once up and running they go as fast as my Atomic's and lay down nice rail road tracks. Loads of fun!

Best Part...My old knees didn't hurt laying them over at 90cm !! I'm in awe! (I put my arnica on tonight they are tired)

The Z-90's are so smooth!! Perfect for old knees, no tip shake!! I really am amazed at the ski, they may not be for everyone, besides the price I do think they excel at speed, not good for 'back seat drivers', they do 'smear' well and they are excellent carvers. Those that have skied w/me know my style and speed and these babies suit me extremely well. I can't wait to ski on them some more. I will be taking them West :-) Thanks to the Diva's that demo'd these and told me I'd love them! You were right!!!

If you can Demo them you should. This is Incredible technology and the highest tech skis I've ever been on.. HDT Does work!! Be ready to get hooked, I'm really happy with them and can't wait to ski them some more.

Now I want to try the Z-77 and the Super Fatties I'll probably end up getting 1 of each.. yes that good..

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the new Z-90's in 157cm for our test fleet. I'm anxious to get on them to compare to my 165s and I'm also eager to have the shorter length on hand when I meet up with petite site members who want to give them a try.
I'll report back.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the new Z-90's in 157cm for our test fleet. I'm anxious to get on them to compare to my 165s and I'm also eager to have the shorter length on hand when I meet up with petite site members who want to give them a try.
I'll report back.

Given @pinto's comments about how smooth they are, I'd be interested in the 165s if they're still in your fleet.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I Skied my Z-90's yesterday and today. I LOVE THEM!! I am amazed at this ski.
Yesterday, Day 1- Conditions were 8+ new snow groomed w/ some un-groomed on top of man made. it snowed all day about 3" (we opened last wkend) There were piles everywhere of soft snow and an excellent base for gripping. That said, on the 2nd turn I was hooked up, they are very nimble, very stable, I loved making quick turns and big turns. Very surprised at how quick they are edge to edge, they are light weight but wow do they work well. and Yes They like to go Fast! (so do I) I put them thru the paces, I tried every thing with them, all I could say with huge dimple cramps all day was WOW! I didn't want to stop skiing, they are that much fun!

Today Day #2 It was Minus 14F last night so the surface was very firm packed powder. I took my Atomic Cloud 11's out (71cm) in the morning since they are made for ripping on stiff corduroy. I still love my Atomics for days like today, so I skied them all morning.

Most of my life I've had a 1 ski (do it all) quiver so having multiple pairs is fun. Finding that one ski that can do it all has always been the question w/modern skis it's easy to amass a quiver (especially with the enabler's on here :-) since some skis excel at carving, others powder.

I just had to know how the Z-90's would do on hard pack, so I took the Z-90's out in the afternoon. There was a bit of scraped powder piled around but still extremely firm packed powder (don't think it made it to 15F today) They performed flawlessly. More Wow factor!

They are really fun to ski, for me did best in messed up snow piles. I am surprised at 90cm how easy they are go from edge to edge and they fly! Once up and running they go as fast as my Atomic's and lay down nice rail road tracks. Loads of fun!

Best Part...My old knees didn't hurt laying them over at 90cm !! I'm in awe! (I put my arnica on tonight they are tired)

The Z-90's are so smooth!! Perfect for old knees, no tip shake!! I really am amazed at the ski, they may not be for everyone, besides the price I do think they excel at speed, not good for 'back seat drivers', they do 'smear' well and they are excellent carvers. Those that have skied w/me know my style and speed and these babies suit me extremely well. I can't wait to ski on them some more. I will be taking them West :-) Thanks to the Diva's that demo'd these and told me I'd love them! You were right!!!

If you can Demo them you should. This is Incredible technology and the highest tech skis I've ever been on.. HDT Does work!! Be ready to get hooked, I'm really happy with them and can't wait to ski them some more.

Now I want to try the Z-77 and the Super Fatties I'll probably end up getting 1 of each.. yes that good..

Last year (or year before?) when I tried them, I was blown away by how they become smoother the faster you ski. Yet they handle slow speeds just fine, too -- which is the crux, really. The construction literally changes depending on what's happening under the ski. Crazy stuff, but it's real.

And yes, I bought them because they minimize the vibrations and help my knees suffer less.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga