• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Review: 2012 Blizzard Black Pearl

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds like something I might like to demo, even though I'm not in the market for any new skis. This year it's DH's turn to get new skis, but . . .

:rotf: Dangerous!! :rotf:

Yup! That's exactly what I was saying as I walked into the shop and they said, "Why don't you demo? We'll just write "No Charge" on the ticket . . . ":laugh:

Ooooh! And they do sparkle!

(Oh, dear, that's a March 2011, post I just responded to: sorry! I missed the year!)

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, they DO sparkle! SkiBum saw that firsthand when skiing with me on mine in February. In fact, she was the one who encouraged me to stop by the other on-mountain demo shop at Mammoth to see if they by chance had the BP's, as I was currently on some Rossi's. I never took the BP's back, well, except to buy them!

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I was totally impressed with the performance of my Black Pearls last weekend in Maine. I had them in mushy spring snow at Sunday River, firm conditions at Sugarloaf, and in a bit of softer groomed with some freshies on top at Saddleback. They were a lot of fun everywhere I took them. These skis have multiple personalities....strong edge hold and power on hard groomed snow, and playfulness and easy steering on the softer stuff.

Skisailor

Angel Diva
I was totally impressed with the performance of Vanhoskier's Black Pearls as well! :smile: So much so, that I tried my darndest to demo them at Saddleback after she was done for the day (even though they wouldn't have been the ideal length for me).

Unfortunately, the 30 mm difference in our boot sole lengths made it impossible to adjust the binding down small enough to accommodate my little boot. Darn!! I was so bummed! (damn little feet!)

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
And, while they could have worked for my BSL, I didn't dare -- LAST thing in the world I needed was to fall in love with yet ANOTHER ski....:doh:

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
... I had them in mushy spring snow at Sunday River, firm conditions at Sugarloaf, and in a bit of softer groomed with some freshies on top at Saddleback. They were a lot of fun everywhere I took them. These skis have multiple personalities....strong edge hold and power on hard groomed snow, and playfulness and easy steering on the softer stuff.

I totally agree with this. :thumb: In particular they're great fun in the soft stuff. And the bamboo core helps to make them lively.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just skied mine for four days at Mammoth in just about every kind of snow you can encounter, including two days of pow that was falling from the sky for two entire days :smile: before that was slush, hard pack, corn, and huge patches of blue ice. These skis make me a better skier in all conditions!! The pow today was especially fun :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga