• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Resort rules during Covid, '21-'22

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Who ever imagined we'd still be in this fix? Today Vail announced that starting September 7, all employees and guests will need to be masked indoors at all North American properties.

Post any other Covid-related rules for ski areas, once you learn them.

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
At last, Vail does something we can applaud!

My ski club’s annual trip to Mt. Snow has turned into a major pain now that Vail has taken over.

:focus:

Jilly

Staff member
Haven't heard about ski season yet, but to go into any restaurants, gyms, meeting spaces, cinemas and indoor concerts in Quebec, you will need to show the government issued "vaccine passport". Ontario is following later this month. It's an app on your phone.

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
Here's Sunday River's summer policy--if things don't improve, I'm sure this will be the least of what employees do this winter.

"We wanted to take a moment to clarify when and where Team Members need to wear masks. All Team Members are required to wear masks indoors while on Sunday River property whether they are working or here to enjoy the resort recreationally. As always, you're encouraged to use your summer benefits, like free scenic lift rides and golf, but we ask that moving forward, you have a mask on-hand to wear while indoors during these times."

MissySki

Angel Diva
Here's Sunday River's summer policy--if things don't improve, I'm sure this will be the least of what employees do this winter.

"We wanted to take a moment to clarify when and where Team Members need to wear masks. All Team Members are required to wear masks indoors while on Sunday River property whether they are working or here to enjoy the resort recreationally. As always, you're encouraged to use your summer benefits, like free scenic lift rides and golf, but we ask that moving forward, you have a mask on-hand to wear while indoors during these times."

Sounds reasonable!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I suspect Jackson Hole will follow ordinance and laws to the tee, but nothing above and beyond that. They announced a few weeks ago that the tram and gondolas will be running at full capacity unlike last winter. I am cautiously optimistic that the current numbers will force them to allow people to ride solo or only with their chosen party on the gondolas. I won't be teaching if I have to cram into a small space with 7 people I do not know who are poorly wearing their masks.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I suspect that since the CEO of Whitefish was reportedly anti-mask last year and enforcement was only in place due to local and state mandates AND BECAUSE EMPLOYEES DEMANDED IT, that this year there will be zero rules as now we have a governor who believes in dinosaurs existing at the same time as humans. The legislature went nuts outlawing mandates and declawing both local government and Boards of Health. So I doubt they will enforce anything this year.

Here's the current statement (AKA get vaccinated or not, not our issue):

The Flathead County Health Officer, Joe Russell states that the best public health measures in place for our community is that people:

• Get vaccinated
  • Wash their hands Often
  • Socially distance.
Following this direction, we have and continue to encourage our staff and guests to pursue the free, safe and effective Covid-19 vaccines available in our area. For individuals who are not vaccinated and for those that would like to wear a mask, we have made masks free and available around the resort. We are not reinstating masking requirements at this time.

We continue to ask our staff to follow our strict health guidelines and we continue to pay for our employees to stay home as directed by the Flathead County Health Department for a covid related case.

For our guests, we ask that they choose what is safe for them based on personal conversations with their doctor. Information on cases and vaccination rates can be found at https://maps.flathead.mt.gov/portal/apps/sites/#/applications/pages/covid-19-case-monitoring.

For information about getting the vaccine, visit: https://www.flatheadhealth.org/covid-19-vaccine.

When we know more about our Winter Covid-19 operating plans, we will distribute that information. Please be patient with us as we continue to navigate the guidance.

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Massanutten in northern VA is about to have their annual ValleyFest weekend in mid-Sept. The activities are always outdoors. The masking rules haven't changed since late May.

"Face Mask Policy: Unvaccinated guests, volunteers, and employees must wear a mask. Masks will be optional for all vaccinated guests, volunteers, and employees."

Snowshoe in WV (owned by Alterra) seems to have kept the same masking guidelines as were in place last winter for the entire summer season. Masking required indoors, around lifts (biking), and on shuttle buses.

Can't find any mention of COVID-19 or masking on the Sugar Mountain website. Not that surprising for an independent 4-season resort in the NC mountains.

Jilly

Staff member
Snowshoe in WV (owned by Alterra) seems to have kept the same masking guidelines as were in place last winter for the entire summer season. Masking required indoors, around lifts (biking), and on shuttle buses.
I think that is all of Alterra's resorts. Tremblant and Blue Mtn has been the same this summer too. So it's hard to tell if they are just following Quebec and Ontario rules.

I really don't like to see that statement about vax'd being allowed to go unmasked without it mentioning the 6' rule too. That's how it is here outside. You can unmask outdoors, but need to keep the 6' apart.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I think that is all of Alterra's resorts. Tremblant and Blue Mtn has been the same this summer too. So it's hard to tell if they are just following Quebec and Ontario rules.

I really don't like to see that statement about vax'd being allowed to go unmasked without it mentioning the 6' rule too. That's how it is here outside. You can unmask outdoors, but need to keep the 6' apart.

Are people still doing that there? I can very assuredly say that distancing has not been happening anymore here outside and everyone is unmasked outside along with it..

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just saw online today that Hunter in New York State has canceled its Oktoberfest for this fall. And the Boston and Denver ski shows have been canceled. So this is something that the resorts and industry are still grappling with.

marzNC

Angel Diva
While most people are aware of the idea of social distancing, there isn't much emphasis on a specific distance in the USA. I've seen comments that suggest masking when in a crowded area outdoors, without a measurement.

Jilly

Staff member
We still have masks on indoor. Only off to eat/drink. Ontario and Quebec. The provinces that went unmasked are all going back. Alberta went last weekend I think. Or was it Saskatchewan....

newboots

Angel Diva

marzNC

Angel Diva
The fall festivals at ski resorts in NC, VA, WV in Sep and Oct are still happening as far as I can tell. I've checked Sugar in NC, Massanutten in VA, and Snowshoe & Timberline in WV.

I wonder if Hunter is having staffing issues? Or it could be the usual regional differences in handling the pandemic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna