• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Real world reviews of Blizzard Sheeva?

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on these . . . but I can't stop looking! Also considering Atomic Century 109 or Salomon Stella. What's a girl to do???

Appreciate any first-hand reviews!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What do you want them for? What type of skiing/terrain do you ski? How do you rate yourself as far as skills go? What are you skiing on right now? More details, please :becky: Then we might be able to give more tailored feedback to you. Also, have you checked Blister Gear reviews? They write great reviews on women's skis.

Reactions: DRG

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the tips . . . I am new to the forum so appreciate the direction.

These will be my main go-to skis as I prefer to travel with only one set. I am an expert level skier - prefer steep and trees over bumps. I also do side and back country and the skis will be set up with AT bindings. I need something that works for both the groomers and the powder.

I used the Liberty Envy skis all last season and enjoyed them. Just time for an upgrade.

I have read the Blister Gear review - very thorough. Thanks again.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, this just dropped into my mailbox this morning, too:
https://www.realskiers.com/2016/2016-SKI-REVIEWS/brand-reviews/blizzard.html

Blizzard has been serving up one home run product after another since their launch of the Flip Core construction for the 2011/12 season. Except in one department: over that span of time they’ve wrestled with the right formula for a woman’s Powder ski. They began by giving womankind every chance to go big by creating a woman’s Cochise called the Dakota, metal laminates, 108mm waist and all. The first generation Dakota was such a fall-line bomber that it bombed at the box office, failing to match the market momentum enjoyed by the similarly built boys in the Blizzard band, such as the Bonafide.

Two years ago, the Dakota dropped the metal laminates but kept the same shape. The ski was softer, but with a 27m radius (177cm), still reluctant to stray far from the fall line. Now with the Sheeva they’ve finally found what they’ve sought for 3 seasons, a strong ski that doesn’t require abnormal strength to steer. A confidence-building carver, the Sheeva can just as easily throw it into a four-wheel drift when so summoned.

Yvette from Bobo’s, a strong young racer, was lucky to try the Sheeva on an all-too-rare powder day during (another) low snow year. “Really good for the powder and garbage in the trees,” she crowed, giving it perfect scores for off-piste performance and low-speed turning, two qualities that come in particularly handy in tight glades. Yvette gave the Sheeva the tester’s ultimate accolade: “I’d consider buying these for myself.”

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll chime in on my other Blizzard flipcore skis to say I LOVE them. Started out with the Black Pearls which gave me SO much confidence I was able to move "up" to the Sambas in two seasons. Oh, those Sambas! Hard-charging, confidence inspiring, crud-slaying skis that I can still make my "terminal intermediate" mistakes on without them hurting me for it. If the Sheevas ski anything like them, then they are fantastic! I was kind of under the impression that the Sheevas are similar to the Sambas but more powder-oriented. If that's the case, you can't go wrong with them.

I am excited to try my Magnum's with flipcore. The Sheeva seems like a good ski. @DRG Welcome. When I first joined the form I had one pair of skis; now I have 3:thumbsup:

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks to all of you for the feedback! I believe I will make the commitment . . . now just searching for the sale. Look forward to talking with all of you again soon!

PowderNomad

Certified Ski Diva
Welcome @DRG ! I concur with @contesstant and others here about Blizzard's flipcore construction. I have been skiing the Blizzard Sambas (98mm underfoot compared to the Sheevas at 102mm) for the last month here in NZ and am in love with them. The Sambas are the first ski that has truly exceeded my expectations. I picked them up for US$300 from eBay as they were the prior year topsheet (but identical to the latest version otherwise).

Julia, who wrote the Blister review on the Sheevas, is a good friend and awesome skier. I trust her reviews, and bought the Sambas on her recommendation.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Welcome @DRG ! I concur with @contesstant and others here about Blizzard's flipcore construction. I have been skiing the Blizzard Sambas (98mm underfoot compared to the Sheevas at 102mm) for the last month here in NZ and am in love with them. The Sambas are the first ski that has truly exceeded my expectations. I picked them up for US$300 from eBay as they were the prior year topsheet (but identical to the latest version otherwise).

Julia, who wrote the Blister review on the Sheevas, is a good friend and awesome skier. I trust her reviews, and bought the Sambas on her recommendation.

Agreed, Julia's reviews are really spot-on, or at least for the Sambas they are. What I read of the two reviews of the Sheeva vs. Samba is the Samba is more "directional" while the Sheeva, because of the increased tail rocker, are more "playful".

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you ladies for providing the detailed feedback! I am so glad I joined this group. The skis are ordered and on their way . . . next up: boots and bindings! Bring on the snow!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you ladies for providing the detailed feedback! I am so glad I joined this group. The skis are ordered and on their way . . . next up: boots and bindings! Bring on the snow!
:thumbsup:

You can say that again--bring on the SNOW!!!!
Looking forward to hearing your impressions of them!

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skis arrived! Now just waiting on winter! I will provide a detailed review once I have had a chance to take these to the mountain!

Not sure what your ski storage situation is like but at least now you get to have some skis in your living room for a little bit until the season starts. I have a pair of skis, their new unmounted bindings and my ski boots hanging in my living room now. Nothing like a little bit of ski candy to make fall more enjoyable. Bet you can't wait to get on those new skis.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga