• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Quick -shopping deal

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Okay, friends, most of you may recall that this is my brand choice of skis.....anyone want to count the black and blue marks on my head as I banged my head against the wall walking away from that deal???? :eek::mad::Cry:

Just couldn't justify even that absurdly rock-bottom price, as I foresee my ability to take advantage of need for powder skis being minimal.

Dang. Even checked Ski Press World comments of same, indicated the ski isn't wildly happy on hard snow. Which is 90% of my skiing surface. Have semi-wider for crud and loose. Couldn't do it.

DANG.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I did (along with several others here) go for Sierra Jim's deal on the 75mm. Good ski, happy. Still wanted the other!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Yep. Walked away. :( DH is next up for skis, let's be fair here! My incentive check has gone in the toilet (insider joke, eh, vanho? :laugh:). It's a nice looking one, too! And faucets, and flooring, and sink and cabinet. Enough left over for 4 tires. Such is life. Happy with what I've got (FOR NOW?).

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Very possibly "walking back in." Even better deal recently presents.
Stay tuned.
Two bathroom faucets have been repaired and no longer leak. Ones purchased to replace may not be necessary after all. :yahoo: Sure will save DH The Plumber lots of time. And frees up some $!!!

I might go to the dog house on this one.............

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very possibly "walking back in." Even better deal recently presents.
Stay tuned.
popcorn.gif

I might go to the dog house on this one.............

Ruh roh!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
A song comes to mind:
"Who let the dogs out? Woof, woof, woof."

Stay tuned.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here ya go!
As long as she's making us wait, ya wanna chat?

MR SH took my jeep, along with the bike rack to GR, won't be back til late.
I'm trying to get his truck cleaned out so I can put my bike in it to come ride.
I am looking at the truck now and all I think is AAAAAACCCCKKK!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
My popcorn is all gone and I've moved on to Cheerios!
Tell me tell me tell me!!!!:dance::dance::dance:

Dynastar Exclusive Legend Powder (I believe, 85 mm underfoot), 165, Look Bindings, new, unmounted, 06-07. 255 FedEx delivered.

Have been having my concerns about pending Quiksilver sale of this division, also the devalued dollar and future prices of skis made in Europe (Dynastars are made in Chamonix Valley). This was the right deal at the right time. Done deal.

These will obviously be a low-use ski given my location, but for this price, I can have an occasional Pow Day ski in the old quiver. Seriously time to get that quiver PHOTO taken already!

So you got a JACKET???

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dynastar Exclusive Legend Powder (I believe, 85 mm underfoot), 165, Look Bindings, new, unmounted, 06-07. 255 FedEx delivered.

These will obviously be a low-use ski given my location, but for this price, I can have an occasional Pow Day ski in the old quiver.
Oh, you'll use them!!!
Seriously time to get that quiver PHOTO taken already!
popcorn.gif

So you got a JACKET???
Uh huh.
I'm kind of a jacket slut. :redface:
I wish I'd have thought to keep a pic of it to post but I'll have to wait until it comes in.:becky:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga