• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Projected Opening Dates 2023

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Okemo and Stowe have announced they'll be opening this Friday, the 17th. So yay, that'll be my first day out!

Okemo says those who arrive early will enjoy swag giveaways, a live DJ, the annual first chair banner break on A Quad, and light refreshments including muffins, Nature Valley bars, hot cocoa, and coffee. Okemo will open with top-to-bottom skiing and riding serviced by A Quad. Snowmaking will continue with plans to expand to Jackson Gore ahead of the December holidays.

At Stowe, guests who arrive early will be greeted at the FourRunner Lift in the Mount Mansfield base area. There'll be a DJ spinning tunes and a limited number of breakfast sandwiches available.

BTW, Stratton has moved its opening day back to 11/22, due to the warm weather that's expected to come in at the end of the week.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Sugarloaf - November 17
Saddleback - December 2 (and check out website for new advance ticket prices > wow > yay Saddleback!)

marzNC

Angel Diva
Tahoe opening dates as of a week ago for resorts not open yet seem likely to happen.

November 10, 2023
  • Northstar California: Friday, Nov. 17
  • Heavenly: Friday, Nov. 17
  • Boreal: Friday, Nov. 17
  • Palisades Tahoe: Wednesday, Nov. 22
  • Sugar Bowl: Friday, Nov. 24
  • Tahoe Donner Downhill: Friday Dec. 8
  • Kirkwood: Friday, Dec. 1
  • Diamond Peak: Thursday, Dec. 7

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Both Northstar and Heavenly show "delayed opening dates" on their website. Not surprised at all.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Both Northstar and Heavenly show "delayed opening dates" on their website. Not surprised at all.
That just changed today I think. Agree that it's not a surprise. Probably good that they aren't going to open one trail just because a date was announced quite a while ago.

There are resorts in Tahoe, Utah, and the midwest that are still waiting for a long enough span of cold weather to crank up snowmaking on core trails needed for early season. Colorado resorts that are open are at much higher elevation. Joel of OpenSnow is hoping for decent snowstorms in late November but is already saying that may have to wait until December.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Both Vail and IKON resorts are delaying openeings while we wait for this storm to come in.

While on my way home from errands today it was obvious that the storm is looming.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Both Vail and IKON resorts are delaying openeings while we wait for this storm to come in.

While on my way home from errands today it was obvious that the storm is looming.
Raining here in SC and saw on the news snowing at Mammoth.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Heavenly opened up a few trails on the California side on Nov. 21.

Northstar has Nov. 23 on their homepage as opening day.
Plan to go Dec 10 , but now that I have Ikon not sure where I’m going! Fun to have choices as I’ll be in Tahoe City for midweek skiing that week.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Alta announced today that Wildcat and Collins will start running on Nov. 25.

From email sent out Nov. 2 has the same info was posted on the website.

It took a little longer than expected, but Mother Nature delivered another two feet of snow in the past week and our on-mountain crews have been working around the clock to prepare the mountain for skiing. Wildcat and Collins lifts will begin spinning for the season this Saturday, November 25th.

We recommend expert skiers only given the current conditions. There will be limited groomed terrain available with no access to the Albion Basin.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Big Sky opened up on Nov. 22 with Ramcharger, Swift Current, and Explorer lifts running. Plus magic carpets. Mostly green trails. Of course, Mr. K is one of the longer green trails around.

mustski

Angel Diva
BBMR just announced that Bear Mountain will open Saturday for pass holder and then Bear and Summit will open Sunday to the public. Snow Valley is tentatively scheduled for Dec 2.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sounds like folks had a great time at Wachusett at opening day, Nov. 24. All three high-speed chairlifts were running with one way down, plus the magic carpet.

November 24, 2023

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna