• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Problems View Photos

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't see them

Southern New England checking in here.

I noticed that I couldn't see them either when I first read the posts, can't see them now as well.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Huh. That's odd. I can't see them, either. Let me look into that.

I'm going to post a pic here. Can you see this one?

lighthouse.jpg

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can see yours Ski Diva. Just for added info, I used Picasa which I've used before to post here and Lilabear used Kodak Gallery.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I've been checking out Kodak Gallery, and can't seem to find anyplace where they provide an image code for posting photos on other web sites. That might be the problem. I think KG operates by inviting people to come to their site, rather than viewing photos by other means. Am I wrong about that?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently, Picasa operates the same way as Kodak Gallery. I just learned the following from them:

What you can't do is link *directly* to an individual photo.
You can link to a web albums page that displays a particular photo.
And you can embed a slideshow.
But the web albums site isn't currently like "photobucket" - you don't
upload photos and then directly link to them.
Don

To post photos, you need to use some other photo host, like Flickr or Photobucket. That should take care of the problem.

Jilly

Staff member
Robyn I haven't been able to see the pics in the posts you mentioned either. SkiDiva's does come up. I've found photobucket that best for sharing.

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't see either. When I first posted mine in the thread I could see all 3, I noticed today that I could only see one, and via your hotlink I can't see any. I can see SkiDiva's.

In KodakGallery when you right click it gives you the URL for the photo - and this is what I paste. I've noticed that I am always challenged by posting photos - not least because I use a Mac at home and even loading photos to a shared site is a pain in the @@@. But I thought not being able to see them was down to me being a total clutz. Looks like I might be getting some help here!! Great.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
In KodakGallery when you right click it gives you the URL for the photo - and this is what I paste. I've noticed that I am always challenged by posting photos - not least because I use a Mac at home and even loading photos to a shared site is a pain in the @@@. But I thought not being able to see them was down to me being a total clutz. Looks like I might be getting some help here!! Great.

Lilabear, you're correct in seeing a url in Kodak Gallery if you click that way. But that url is not a link that you can use to embed a picture. Kodak Gallery does't work that way.

I agree -- uploading and embedding photos is a pain and something that gives a lot of people trouble. The best advice I can give you is to upload the photo using Photobucket, Flickr, or Shutterfly, then embedding the photo using the image code provided on those sites. I use a Mac and Photobucket and Flickr, and that sees to work for me.

Frustrating, ain't it? :eyebrows:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Robyn I haven't been able to see the pics in the posts you mentioned either. SkiDiva's does come up. I've found photobucket that best for sharing.
I HATE Photobucket, it feels clunky to me and the privacy is horrid (anybody can get in and look at all your albums as soon as you post a link to a photo) so I won't use it. And I don't think it has to do with that since I've posted from Picasa before without a problem. I think there's something else going on.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Robyn, you're right that Picasa does work. We'll get to the bottom of it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga