• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Posting problem

Jilly

Staff member
SkiDiva - I just spent 1/2 hour typing up my reviews and the system kicked me out when I tried to post. Is there a time limit on making the posts? Time limit on how long you're allowed in? I know the Tremblant insider has 6 hours limits and then it will log you out automatically. Just frustrated right now!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not aware of a time limit, though I'll have to check it out. This software is a little quirky. Maybe the best solution would be to create it in a different program (like Word), then cut and paste it into the forum.

I'll have to investigate this further. Sorry for the problem!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, here's the deal. The program was set up so that if you remained inactive -- and the software recognizes typing a reply as inactive -- for 15 minutes, the session would be "timed out." I've re-set it for half an hour, so that should improve things.

One way to circumvent the whole problem is to click "remember me" when you log in. Or click "preview" occasionally while you're writing your message, to initiate some measure of activity. Or do as I suggested earlier -- if you know it's going to take a long time to write a reply, write it in the text editor of your choice, copy it, and paste it in.

Hope this helps.

GirlFromPA

Certified Ski Diva
I've also had this happen and I got around it by when I went to post it sayed you're not logged in so I logged in then hit the browser back button to where my post was, everything that I just typed was still there, I hit post and it posted it.

I've been on other forums where when you did this everything you just typed was gone but not here. :smile: Luckily!

SnowGlider

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DANG!!

I too just spent 30 minutes writing a boot review, only to lose it because I timed out. I wasn't able to retrieve it.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Snowglider -- just curious, did you take the precautions given in post #3? If so, that should've taken care of it. Just want to know so I can better address the problem.

SnowGlider

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No, I didn't, silly me. Another easy way to avoid this problem is to save your post with Control S before you try to post it. I'll try to remember this in future.

No harm done---I wanted to rave about new boots I haven't even skied in yet!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga