• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Park City in Feb

SashaJo

Certified Ski Diva
Hello, ladies! This year's week out west will take us to Park City. I've been there once but couldn't ski - was recovering from surgery. Was a nice week of just hanging out. We have lift tix at all the major resorts. I'm a solid green/wobbly blue skier. I'm open to all and any suggestions as to where I'll have the best time.

Thanks in advance!

~SashaJo~

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SashaJo:

I'll put in a word for my resort, Park City Mt. Resort. We have a wonderful, 3 mile long, green run called "Home Run." There is also a good green run, Claimjumper, accessible from the Crescent and Silverlode lifts. These two runs will get you up towards the top of our mountains, rather than keeping you grounded down low on the bunny hill. There are some easy blues around the resort to get you going.

SashaJo

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks!!!

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I can't wait to get out there and give it a shot!!

jfoxgrande

Certified Ski Diva
Although I am from NJ, Park City is my fav destination, I agree on the claimjumper suggestion. Another favorite, easy blue off McConkey lift at the summit is Georgiana, the views are incredible. Thinking about it makes me want to be there right now!!

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Although I am from NJ, Park City is my fav destination, I agree on the claimjumper suggestion. Another favorite, easy blue off McConkey lift at the summit is Georgiana, the views are incredible. Thinking about it makes me want to be there right now!!
\
I keep forgetting about Georgeanna. When I get out to ski, I usually wander aimlessly around the resort. I don't ski off of McConkeys that often. No reason, I just don't get over there. I think I end up at Motherlode and Thaynes more often.

SueBobTexas

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello, ladies! This year's week out west will take us to Park City. I've been there once but couldn't ski - was recovering from surgery. Was a nice week of just hanging out. We have lift tix at all the major resorts. I'm a solid green/wobbly blue skier. I'm open to all and any suggestions as to where I'll have the best time.

Thanks in advance!

~SashaJo~

Hi SashaJo,

I am headed out to the Canyons and Deer Valley - Jan 12-16th. If you want an updated ski trail map let me know and I will bring some back and mail them to you. Just click on my name to send me a private message and I will send them to you.

Deer Valley is a great place to start - they restrict the number of people on the mountain so lift lines are always reasonable and there aren't any boarders.

All of the mountains are pretty good. Park City has some great beginner sloops that intersect with blues so you can move up as you get more confidence.

SashaJo

Certified Ski Diva
Lift

Gardenmary - Deer Valley for 2 days, Park City for 2 days and 1 day at the Canyons. That leaves me one day at the spa...... We arrive on 5 Feb.

SueBobTexas - I have the most recent maps - but thanks so much for the offer!

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you like horses there is a place near Park City that has Paso Finos. These are the smoothest horses you could ever want to ride, I know that they ride in the snow (I was there in summer). A really nice thing to do if you want a day off skiing. It's called Wind in your Hair.

SueBobTexas

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SashaJo - Just got back Sunday night - had a great time. All the resorts had a great base and we got an inch of new snow the second day.

The bubble lift at the Canyons with the heated seats and pull down cover was really great. Make sure to get a grooming map before you head out so you know which runs will be smooth for you.

When you are at Deer Vally I recommend the Lady Morgan lift by the Empire Day Lodge and the Deer Crest lift. (you can also check out the new St Regis at the base of the Deer Crest lift). These are at opposite ends of the mountain so take note. The Deer Crest lift is not very busy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna