• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Out for the season

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Happy to report that the next phase has begun. Today I was cleared for partial weight bearing (50% for 3 weeks, then more as tolerated). I have scheduled my PT evaluation for tomorrow.
I was thinking of you today @skibum4ever because my Facebook memories reminded me that 9 years ago today was the day I was cleared for weight bearing!

Sending good vibes and continued patience as your body heals. (I remember being surprised at how tiring this part of the healing process was -- and how much the bottom of my foot hurt!) I hope your PT eval will go well!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Yes, it's exhilarating...very tiring... I am asleep every night by 9 pm. And much more painful than inactivity.

I walked beyond my long driveway for the first time yesterday. My goal is to walk a half mile today. My secondary goal is to be sufficiently independent that I can send DH on a well deserved ski trip fairly soon.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Three months post surgery, I am officially "healed". I have been walking every day and yesterday managed over two miles. Today I saw the surgeon and he was excited to see me walk in unaided. He actually took a photo of me giving him a thumbs up and a huge grin. He intends to send it to my first surgeon at Mammoth.

I will be in therapy for a while longer as I need a lot of work on strength and flexibility. But he lifted my driving restriction which is a big step forward.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Will follow up with PM. Had a bunch of tests today. <sigh>

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Three months post surgery, I am officially "healed". I have been walking every day and yesterday managed over two miles. Today I saw the surgeon and he was excited to see me walk in unaided. He actually took a photo of me giving him a thumbs up and a huge grin. He intends to send it to my first surgeon at Mammoth.

I will be in therapy for a while longer as I need a lot of work on strength and flexibility. But he lifted my driving restriction which is a big step forward.
This is excellent news!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome news and good job with all the hard work and healing!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is fantastic news!! Great job with the healing so far, and good luck with the continuing strengthening etc going forward :love:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna