• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Out for the season

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Welllllll I really did it this time. I had a bad fall on easy terrain at Mammoth yesterday.

I am currently in Mammoth Hospital after surgery last night to repair my tibia and fibula.

But I also broke my femur in such a way as to impinge on my replaced knee. So I will need a second surgery to repair the femur and to redo the TKR!

Please don't ask how a skier who doesn't go that fast could possibly do that much damage.

The good? news is that I will fight harder to develop better ROM in my new knee. Maybe I will be able to bicycle again.

It's going to be a long road back but surgeon says I will be able to ski next winter.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
And please don't ask how I am going to manage to retain my hard fought weight loss.And fit into that gorgeous Aspen jacket next winter.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I am so sorry to hear this @skibum4ever . You have a good attitude and will be wearing that gorgeous Aspen jacket next winter. Or in the evenings !
Hope you have a speedy recovery ! Cycling will be great for recovery. And good exercise !

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh my goodness, that sounds awful!!! I am SO sorry to hear that. Sometimes low-speed falls can be really odd. All the best with the recovery, keep us updated!

newboots

Angel Diva
This is the worst luck! I’m so sorry! The season was barely underway. I hope you can maintain your good cheer, concentrate on your rehab, and keep carbs to a reasonable amount until next season!

Do send photos of the cast and all; it seems to attract many positive Diva vibes.
:grouphug:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry to hear that! Wishing you the best recovery possible and hoping your rehab is smooth. That jacket could also be your rehab jacket, if it won't make you too sad to wear it during the process.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
SO sorry that this happened. Sounds like you have a long process ahead of you, but you'll get there and hopefully, you'll be even better than you were before. Keep us posted on your progress. Even if you're not skiing, we're here for you! Sending hugs and healing vibes. :hug:

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Welllllll I really did it this time. I had a bad fall on easy terrain at Mammoth yesterday.

I am currently in Mammoth Hospital after surgery last night to repair my tibia and fibula.

But I also broke my femur in such a way as to impinge on my replaced knee. So I will need a second surgery to repair the femur and to redo the TKR!

Please don't ask how a skier who doesn't go that fast could possibly do that much damage.

The good? news is that I will fight harder to develop better ROM in my new knee. Maybe I will be able to bicycle again.

It's going to be a long road back but surgeon says I will be able to ski next winter.
Best of luck. We are pulling for you.

Jilly

Staff member
Yuck....maybe it will be a drought year and you won't miss much. But you will come back better than before. You have the right attitude. You go girl!!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
oh I am so sorry to hear this!!! Here are good vibes for healing and smooth recovery … especially with that second surgery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965