• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Organizing ALL the gear?!

tothetrail

Certified Ski Diva
I really like these Thule wall organizers. They just hang from gromets or they also have a strap that can wrap around something. It's way easier to be able to see everything, rather than use bags. When I got them, they had a couple of different versions. One has more smaller pockets, and one has less larger pockets. The ones in the foreground and middle have less pockets and are big enough for helmets and shoes. The one in the rear has more pockets and those hold all the spare items, and stuff for brushing/cleaning skis, for installing tire chains, etc.

Nice thing is the top flap rolls down and zips up, so they can be loaded up and transported like a duffel, but then you can hang it up and can see everything. And less chance of forgetting something; The one in the middle has all the accessories needed for the ski day, so it should be full before leaving home, and should be empty before leaving for skiing in the morning.

Also perfect for all the mountain bike gear for those trips.

thumbnail_IMG_3131.jpgthumbnail_IMG_3130.jpg

slow_biscuits

Certified Ski Diva
We drive to ski (a lot). Family of 4 and use a 5.11 SOMS rolling duffel. EVERYTHING except boots, skis and poles fits in that thing with room to spare. Even the helmets. It keeps all the stuff organized in the cargo area of the car. The four of us did fine with that bag in the cargo area of the Subaru outback for years. Skis and poles and (half) the boots fit into the XL Thule box on top. Skis in padded Dakine bags. Everything else all in one bag left room for a cooler in the back too.

Now that the kids are bigger and starting to do organized snow sports, I’m planning to switch them over to boot bags next season. That way they can also be more responsible for their gear. Though a little worried switching to multiple bags is going to make it cramped for space with four of us.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't drive much to ski but love my Kulkea trekker bag for everything. My SO has the Kulkea Thermal treker he loves. Both store all gloves, hats, helmets, goggles, etc.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Now that the kids are bigger and starting to do organized snow sports, I’m planning to switch them over to boot bags next season. That way they can also be more responsible for their gear. Though a little worried switching to multiple bags is going to make it cramped for space with four of us.
A few times for the 4-hour drive to my home mountain with kids, it's been a bit tight on space. Especially after I switched from a minivan to a RAV4. What I've done a few times after the passengers all had a boot bag as the kids got older was to take out boots and helmet from one boot bag. Then the bag with the rest of the stuff could be put on top of other things. What takes extra space is the cooler and bags of food for cooking meals during holiday weekends since we always stay in a condo with a kitchen. So much easier than taking kids out to eat.

I do the same when traveling with adults. Usually my boots and helmet because I have a SideKick boot backpack where they aren't inside. So the backpack even fits under an airplane seat without boots and the helmet loose and tucked on the side. I fly with boots in a 2-wheel boot suitcase. Unfortunately Transpack doesn't make either any more.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I don't drive much to ski but love my Kulkea trekker bag for everything. My SO has the Kulkea Thermal treker he loves. Both store all gloves, hats, helmets, goggles, etc.
I have the Kulkea Trekker bag and do not travel with it. It's great for storing all my ski stuff and good for road trips. That's it though. One nice feature is the compartment for goggles and lenses. Once traveled with it and it took 3 of us to get it in the overhead. Now use Sportube rolling boot bag for travel.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Kulkea Trekker bag and do not travel with it. It's great for storing all my ski stuff and good for road trips. That's it though. One nice feature is the compartment for goggles and lenses. Once traveled with it and it took 3 of us to get it in the overhead. Now use Sportube rolling boot bag for travel.

I use my roller bag for skis and some clothes. My kulkea bag is indeed huge, it almost always gets checked in which is fine with me since it counts as one item with ski bag anyway.

Basil

Certified Ski Diva
Once my kids were big enough to (somewhat) keep track of their gear, I purchased a ski boot bag for each of us. I have Amazon basics cause they were cheap, but it's mainly storage and organizing so it didn't have to be high in quality. We store boots, helmets, goggles, gloves, and ski pants in there (basically all non laundry items). Each of us also has a duffle bag that we store base layers, socks, fleeces, etc. (things that need to be laundered). The contents of the duffle go right back into the duffle after their trip through the laundry, that way they don't get mixed in with other clothes.

It's easier for me to keep track of what was worn or clean when it's separate from the outerwear. I agree it takes up more space to have multiple bags, but really helps me with organizing. A lot of stuff gets passed down from kid to kid so it's not always super obvious whose base layer pants are whose!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga