• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Opportunity to ski Whistler in Feb- know of any good lodging/lift tix deals out there??

kit125

Certified Ski Diva
Not to hijack this thread....but has anyone been up to Whistler lately? How are the conditions? I'm headed there next weekend and need to figure out what layers I need to pack. It's an extension of a work trip, so need to do all my packing this weekend. Thanks!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To the OP, if you don't get up to Whistler, Larry's Powder Alerts are always fun for the local area. It looks like yesterday's report hasn't made it online yet:

Jan 16 - Weather Update

Recap: The snow dump of last weekend helped the pack tremendously by refreshing the surface, expanding the terrain and making for a powder Sunday. Snowfall was 1-4 ft over the four day period. There was more snow in the higher elevations and from the central to north Cascades. All resorts did well and the Summit got enough to open.

Forecast:

It blows my mind we are back with the blocking high pressure pattern which cuts off Pacific storms. One good thing, this pattern produces clear and mild weather at the resorts, as the ski areas are above the inversion in the sun and warmth - while the lowlands are cool and cloudy. It will feel like spring skiing, with little wind . Don't forget the shades and sunscreen. Do expect spectacular views. A weak system will cause more clouds on Saturday, but no snow.

The extended forecast models I've been watching closely extend out 15 days and update twice a day. So far, I am seeing nothing significant for the next 7-10 days. This is the pattern for most of the Western U.S. and BC. It's time for a snow dance.

The Grand Poobah of Powder

Christy

Angel Diva
Nothing but mild temps and sun predicted at Whistler through next Tuesday, Time for a snow dance indeed! Although Nicole--have you been there when it's sunny? If not then that will be a treat and maybe the lack of new snow won't seem so bad.

kit125

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks, Christy! No, I've never been to Whistler when it's been sunny and mild, so it would definitely be a new experience!

Christy

Angel Diva
Oh, yay then! Definitely take The Peak (lift) and Symphony Express and see what everything looks like from the top.

Jilly

Staff member
Yah kit125, Lizzy and I had a great day on the Tuesday after Roxy....7th Heaven was that place to be....Have fun next weekend..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga