• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Opening Dates, 2020

marzNC

Angel Diva
Alta delayed their opening by a couple days. Plan to open on Nov. 23, so still before Thanksgiving.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Killington Opening 11/20:
We're opening for skiing and snowboarding on Friday, November 20 for Killington Season Passholders and Ikon Passholders. We'll open to the general public on Monday, November 23. Thank you for your patience while we've been preparing top-to-bottom terrain to ensure proper physical distancing. We’re confident that starting our season, with more acreage and lifts open, will help guests spread out and maintain an appropriate distance while also providing a higher quality on-snow experience from day one of the season.

Reminder, all guests planning to park a car or drop off a guest in our lots will need a daily parking reservation and follow the State of Vermont Travel Guidance. Parking reservations are now live with available bookings from Nov. 23 through the end of the season. Parking reservations for Opening Day through the 23rd (November 20-22) will be released one day at a time, at 7:30 a.m. on the day prior. Parking inventory for November 20-22 will be available for booking by Season Pass and Ikon Pass holders only. No day tickets will be available before November 23.

As always, we are committed to making snow, having an early season Woodward Mountain Park offering and getting lifts turning, but where we plan to make snow is different from recent seasons. We will concentrate our snowmaking efforts on providing a top to bottom route from the K-1 Gondola, in the North Ridge area and on Snowdon Mountain. Snowmaking will begin in the North Ridge area and Killington Peak and stay concentrated in those areas with a plan to expand into Snowdon area as soon as possible. Maintaining snow in these areas will take priority early season and when we feel able to spread our resources, we’ll continue concentrating on upper mountain. This means we don’t plan to offer beginner terrain in the Snowshed or Ramshead areas until mid- to late-December instead of Thanksgiving weekend like we have in the past.

kiki

Angel Diva
I won't, I am going to avoid any opening week craziness anywhere, and Baker is kind of far from Seattle for a day trip anyway (2:45). College students at Western Washington University in Bellingham are Baker's main clientele, and they have a really high percentage of snowboarders, so it's not a crowd I love in any case.

Although, and I hadn't thought of this--I wonder if a lot of students aren't even in B'ham right now.
I would think Baker will be less busy than usual with the borders closed? I know a lot of people from here go there normally—its Cheaper and closer than WB. Without all the Canadians it might be that much less busy....?

kiki

Angel Diva
One of our local hills, Cypress (one of the venues for the 2010 olympics), opened last Friday. They have no reservation or restrictions for pass holders but they limited day pass ticket sales and those sold out for the opening weekend very fast after they were released. I did not go but have been monitoring the chats. Seems to have been crazy with HUGE slow lift lines and folks not wearing masks or distancing well. A lot of rebellious young people. Doesn’t bode well for the ski season.

Christy

Angel Diva
I would think Baker will be less busy than usual with the borders closed? I know a lot of people from here go there normally—its Cheaper and closer than WB. Without all the Canadians it might be that much less busy....?

You may be right. It's quite a drive for me, but I'll keep an eye on things there.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For the record, Wachusett near Boston is opening on Nov. 20. Will have some day tickets on sale online.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Skiing started in North Carolina yesterday with the opening day at Sugar. Cataloochee opens on Friday, Nov. 20. Cat only needs a few nights of cold weather to get top-to-bottom coverage. There are advantage to being a small ski area. Both places have been successfully relying on 100% snowmaking since the 1960s.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Wachusett will open tomorrow at 9am.
Jiminy Peak will open Saturday.

Go Massachusetts representing for New England "early" openers this year!

I also heard speculation of whether Yawgoo in RI announces soon.. What a weird year!

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snowshoe in WV has delayed opening day until Dec. 4. Alterra owns Snowshoe and there is no plan for lift access reservations. Snowshoe has been blowing snow for a while but may want to avoid any crowd issues over Thanksgiving weekend, which is typically pretty busy. Lodging at Snowshoe is essentially all at the resort as a mix of resort-owned lodging or privately owned condos that are rented out by the owners.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Updated opening day dates for Vermont ski resorts:

Ascutney, Brownsville — N/A

Bolton Valley Resort, Bolton — Nov. 30

Bromley, Peru — N/A

Burke Mountain Resort, East Burke — N/A

Cochran’s Ski Area — N/A

Jay Peak Resort, Jay —Nov. 27

Killington, Killington — Nov. 20

Mad River Glen, Waitsfield — Dec. 12

Magic Mountain, Londonderry — Dec. 5

Middlebury College Snow Bowl — N/A

Mount Snow, Wilmington — Nov. 25

Northeast Slopes, East Corinth — N/A

Okemo, Ludlow — Nov. 25

Pico, Mendon — Dec. 19

Smuggler’s Notch, Jeffersonville — Nov 27

Stratton Mountain, Stratton – Nov. 25

Stowe Mountain Resort, Stowe — Nov. 25

Suicide Six, Woodstock —N/A

Sugarbush Resort, Warren— TBD
(Dec. 18 for Mt. Ellen)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
@ski diva are you going to try Stratton? Or wait a few days and see how things settle out?

My pass at Okemo doesn’t kick in til December 8, so I’ll be skiing at Stratton til then. I don’t think I’ll start til the 29th, though.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
My pass at Okemo doesn’t kick in til December 8, so I’ll be skiing at Stratton til then. I don’t think I’ll start til the 29th, though.
We could socially distantly wave to each other at Sugarbush :smile:

I just made parking reservations for Killington on Thanksgiving. TBD if I keep them, but I’d like to try to get as many early days as possible.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna