• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Not a twig ski pants

TeaganClaire

Diva in Training
Help me please! I joined this group for this issue mainly. I can't find ski pants to fit me right! I had a pair of Columbia's last winter that are huge on me at a size small (im 5 feet tall about 125 lbs so im a shorty as well). I order an XS in the newer pair that came out and they are like sausage casings on my thighs and I can fit at least one fist in the waist part. When I looked at the measurements I was more worried the waist would be tight after measuring tho, not the other way around! I have an athletic build. (For me this is thick thighs and booty and a regular to small waist I would say) help me out please ladies! And a big thank you for letting me join as well!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nobody’s Princess? They do ship from Australia, but they have a garment measurement chart (remember you want ease though - unless you like the European style fit) and proper stretch panels plus short sizing, as well as a size 4 on sale in the black short/regular length (I think 2022 they had a short/regular and tall, but the latest version is short, regular, and tall) and the Zali style is designed to be more generous around the hip and thigh.

beane

Certified Ski Diva
I hate to say this but you may need to just do a bunch of trying on and/or ordering/returning. I find M's too small and L's too large so have spent a lot of time trying on different pants to see what I hate the least :-\

I also tend to have too much room in waist and tight on hips/thighs. I find bibs a bit easier to fit comfortably, though they're more of a pain for bathroom breaks unless you find some that have super stetchy straps (e.g. strafe) or drop seat (e.g. Trew).

marzNC

Angel Diva
Nobody's Princess has two versions, and multiple length options. Plus the pants are adjustable at the waist. Measurements are provided at multiple points so relatively easy to decide which version/size/length to order. I love mine. Well worth checking out.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Help me please! I joined this group for this issue mainly. I can't find ski pants to fit me right! I had a pair of Columbia's last winter that are huge on me at a size small (im 5 feet tall about 125 lbs so im a shorty as well). I order an XS in the newer pair that came out and they are like sausage casings on my thighs and I can fit at least one fist in the waist part. When I looked at the measurements I was more worried the waist would be tight after measuring tho, not the other way around! I have an athletic build. (For me this is thick thighs and booty and a regular to small waist I would say) help me out please ladies! And a big thank you for letting me join as well!
Have you tried North Face? They have short length options and also adjustable waist usually. I’m 5’4 ~125lbs and the small regular works well for me with just a little cinching of the waist. I have the same issue you described of thicker thighs versus smaller waist, but my legs are actually quite long for my height which adds another fun issue for many brands for me.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I would also check out Land's End. Surprisingly, they make a very nice ski pant, and it's available in several different lengths, have adjustable waist tabs, etc. I've been wearing their ski pants for several seasons now, and they're a great find, esp if you get them during one of their 60% off sales that they have often.

If you search the Forums, there are quite a few discussions about ski pants, sizing, etc.

brooksnow

Angel Diva
I found the same twig legs and huge waist sizing when I tried on ski pants recently.

Have you tried kid ski pants? The sizing overlaps with women's and they are often less twiggy.

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski/snowboard pants make me feel like I have abnormally thick thighs (I don't think I do!). I just got the Spyder Orb shell pants on clearance that stretch and seem to fit well. If you want to go the bib route, I found Burton (Avalon Gore Tex and Kimmy), North Face, and Rab fit well without being huge in the waist. I own the Rab chromakinetic bib, which is super lightweight and stretchy--more for late spring--and actually had to size down.

I just wear a belt otherwise.

IceHeeler

Angel Diva
I have thick thighs and am booty gifted. On a recomendation from a friend, I bought a pair of Arctix ski pants from Amazon. Never in a million years would I have tried that without her recommendation. They fit me perfectly. Arctix Women's Cargo Pants

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna