• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Northeast snow

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
But Ski Diva, that sounds so delightful! I can't believe you left! :eek:

You and I, and our husbands, we are all wusses, I guess. ;)

Like you said, hopefully tomorrow will be better. The wind is supposed to die down, and the groomers will be able to do a better job, I'm sure.

lv2ski

Certified Ski Diva
Rachel, where did you decide to vacation in NH??
If it makes you feel any better, I was working all day, while the snow is all outside blowing around! Hope this darn wind calms down.
Have a nice vacation!

lv2ski

Certified Ski Diva
SKI DIVA, is that your blue outback wagon in the pic?? I have a 06, exact same color! Plate sais LV2SKI. My skimobile...

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
lv2ski said:
Rachel, where did you decide to vacation in NH??
If it makes you feel any better, I was working all day, while the snow is all outside blowing around! Hope this darn wind calms down.
Have a nice vacation!

We're staying at Bretton Woods (at the lodge) and skiing one day there, one day at Attitash, and one day at either Cannon or Wildcat - we haven't decided yet. Last minute suggestions welcome. :smile: We're leaving tomorrow afternoon and skiing Sat, Sun and Mon. Unfortunately we all couldn't take a vacation day, so it's just for the holiday weekend. I'm psyched to try out some new places.

lv2ski

Certified Ski Diva
COOL, you will have a blast. Make sure you venture off the main central trails and explore the whole mtn at B-Woods. They have some great tame glades (black forest) and wiggly, rolly cruisers (grannys grit), blue squares. I would suggest Wildcat over Cannon. Cannon gets very windblown and icy. Wildcat is just really neat, unbelievable views. It can also be icy but not overly steep and should have pretty good snow. Fabians Station has good food across from B-Woods. I hope the mtns are not too horribly crowded though, it is a very busy ski week-end (Mass vaca).......still fun though!

lv2ski

Certified Ski Diva
SKI DIVA, that is funny, great taste! I love the car. I put 16"snow tires on though (from my last outback) and it does great in the snow.....
Sorry, don't want to bore anyone with car talk ;)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
SWEEEEEET skiing today at Okemo. Great conditions. A bit windy -- the main lift had a hold on it til noon -- but much better than yesterday. Had a good time with Lilgeorg and her husband, Mr. Lilgeorg, who was trying out his fatties (he loves 'em, SnowHot).

For anyone coming up to VT this weekend, you're going to have a good time!!!!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here on the north shore of Boston, where home is but not the mountain, we have 3" of read-the-newspaper-through-it ice. Our driveway has a slight hill with a double fall line, which is unforgivably banked to the outside of the turn so our cars are parked at the street. Our basement flooded Monday when the sleet turned to rain for hours.

I am trapped here in iceland unable to take advantage of the snow to my north until Sunday, when the crowds will have pressed it into the normal New England hard pack. Oh well. I am hoping that where I ski this Sun and Mon will have new trails open because of the natural stuff.

I hope all you New Englanders are more able to take advantage of this stuff than I am!

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NY update. We ended up with 3 feet!! We finally skied tonight after the wind stopped blowing and my husband finally found the driveway, it only took 2 days!! The skiing was AWESOME! It was so nice not hear that horrible sound skis make on GOOD EASTERN HARDPACK.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
RachelV, I'll be at Wildcat on Sunday. But alas, it is too too late for us to figure out how to meet up.

So sad.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Up in the Poconos this weekend, but we spent all weekend shopping instead of skiing. Which is actually okay because i absolutely loathe President's day crowds in the Poconos (and generally loathe JFBB anyway).

They did get about 20" of gorgeously light fluffy snow, but I knew that there wouldn't be much of that on the slopes after about 5 minutes, so I accepted the fact that there wouldn't be any skiing for me this weekend.

The powder was so feathery light that I used a broom to sweep off the walkway to the mountain house!!!

sigh

k.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
26" at Hunter Mountain in NY from last week's storm. My parents live a little south of there, so I was there yesterday. The new snow was amazing -- I have never skied such good fluff this far south -- better than what I had in Utah, but the coverage was typical of the northeast and exacerbated by snowboarders scraping it off. So I left at 1 when the crowds were getting insane and I got tired of watching people fall while boarding the chairlift.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna