• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Northeast snow

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty jealous of all you VT/NH locals today who can be out skiing today. So far all we're getting in NYC is an inch or so of icy slush. I'll be up on NH over the long weekend, but by Saturday it just won't be the same. Have fun today and tomorrow - enjoy this while it lasts! (Of course, you're all probably out skiing by now, but whatever. :smile: )

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's about time we got some, too!

As they say in PA, "It's really makin' down out there!"

They're saying we could get two feet out of this, so keep it coming!

Wasn't going to ski today (my ski clothes are in the dryer right now!) but I may have to head over when they're done. MMMMM -- nice and toasty!

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We are very HAPPY here in NY. We got about a foot over night and should get another 1 or 2 feet today. We will be skiing soon!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an update:

It's 1PM and there's a good foot of snow outside. And it's still dumping!!!! :D

Marigee

Angel Diva
All we got here in the mid atlantic was ice and a little snow. We actually got about 1/2 inch of ice in places - which made for a messy commute. Schools are closed - of course!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a pic:

390334141_3b94db4556.jpg

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NY update. My husband and I just came in from from spending 2 hours finding the driveway, car, truck, and finding all the doors around the house and barn. My husband plowed for 2 hours and only did the basics on the driveway. It still needs another 2 hours worth of plowing before it is really done. I dug out all the doors, the car, the truck, and put the horses out for 30 minutes while I cleaned their stalls. The horses had fun while they were out!! They were running around in the deep snow over their knees then the dogs joined in and got everyone really excited!! I had to get them in before they got hot. We are over 2 feet here now and it is still snowing hard!!! We might ski tonight after dark the light is just too flat right now. We LOVE a good snow storm!!!!

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My husband is taking tomorrow off and we are going to Jay. :D It is just nuking snow outside, at least a foot at the house. Jay reported 14-16" at 2:20 PM. I had to drive about a half-hour towards Jay to get my hair cut at 1:30. I was there for an hour and there was at least 2 inches of snow on my car. Like I said: It's just NUKING snow outside! :D

Thatsagirl

Jilly

Staff member
Just got an email from Jay 2-3ft by Friday. I like the little side note - book now for the weekend - you know you want it!!

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jilly said:
Just got an email from Jay 2-3ft by Friday. I like the little side note - book now for the weekend - you know you want it!!

They have been getting very clever with their marketing lately.

Jilly

Staff member
Well its all over here 4:30 and only about 8" snow. They had us all ready for 20". Never trust the weatherman:D

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rain here in coastal RI, but lots of snow in VT. We're taking off tomorrow and driving to Mt Snow where they say they've already had 2 feet. We'll ski Friday. Hopefully it'll still be great. It's about time!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we ended up with more than 2 feet of white stuff. :D

I am sooooooo skiing today!!!!!!

Sarah

Certified Ski Diva
Let us know how it is, without too much gloating :p

I'm supposed to work this weekend as well :mad: If I could ban everyone from the mountain for the next few days to keep the snow on the mountain maybe it would be worth skipping work and going up there.

I'd still let some Ski Divas on there though :D

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We got to Jay around 7:30 AM this morning, it was minus 10 and winds were howling at 40 mph plus gusts. Discussion with patrol led us to decide to turn around and go home, since it was doubtful lifts could run today. We made the right decision, no lifts running at Jay right now and most of the lifts at northern VT resorts are still on wind hold as I type this.

We are going tomorrow instead (both my husband and I are at work, he had arranged for this contingency since we knew it might be super windy).

The good news is that the northern VT resorts are all reporting between 4 and 5 feet of snow and more to come today (it was snowing at the mountain this morning, even though it was not snowing at our house anymore).

All that snow will be waiting for us tomorrow... :D

Thatsagirl

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Similar situation at Okemo today. The express quad to the top was on hold (50 mph at the summit), but they had a couple of other lifts open -- one (Sachem) that takes you halfway up, and another that continues to the top from there (Glades lift); they're a bit more protected from the wind. Anyway, with the high wind they only ran them at about half speed. So it took about half an hour (at least it felt like it) to get to the top, all the while swinging back and forth in this incredibly gusty wind. I'm there with husband, Jon, who has an awful cold and he's hacking and coughing and feeling really, really sick. Which made me feel guilty for dragging him out. So we took two runs down and came home.

As for the conditions, I can't say much since I didn't do much. One trail had ALL the snow blown off so it was practically solid ice (hard to believe, since we had so much), and the other trail had snow 3 feet deep. A real mixed bag.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly