• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Nordica Unleashed W 98 - Length Question

hmd39

Diva in Training
I am looking to get new skis at the end of this season and plan to demo the Nordica Unleashed W 98 this coming weekend. My current skis are 166, but I have heard from a few people (a local guide and some employees at a local ski shop) that I should size up to around 172. My options are 168 and 174...I don't know which length I should try out. In an ideal world, I would switch them out mid-day, but the shop I am demoing from is a bit far away to drive to at lunch.

About me: I am 5'6", \~175lbs. Primarily ski in Vermont. I am an expert skier and spend most of my time on bumps and in trees, but want something strong on groomers as well.

Any info or opinions are much appreciated.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry your post got drowned. It depends on what your previous skis were. You can probably do well with either. The ski is rockered & not very stiff. Not sure you will like the ski. Plz give us your demo report

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am sorry I didn’t see this earlier as I have these skis and am close to your same height/weight. I like the 174 length. I find them really fun but the little bit of metal is just enough to have stability in less ideal conditions/crud. Can’t wait to hear what you decided to demo and if you liked them!

hmd39

Diva in Training
I am sorry I didn’t see this earlier as I have these skis and am close to your same height/weight. I like the 174 length. I find them really fun but the little bit of metal is just enough to have stability in less ideal conditions/crud. Can’t wait to hear what you decided to demo and if you liked them!
Thank you so much for getting back to me anyway! I LOVED them when I demoed. I tried out the 174 and felt like they were just a little too big. I just ordered them in 168. I think either size would have been fine, but my current skis are 166 so I think it will feel more familiar.

hmd39

Diva in Training
Sorry your post got drowned. It depends on what your previous skis were. You can probably do well with either. The ski is rockered & not very stiff. Not sure you will like the ski. Plz give us your demo report
I tried out the 174 and decided they were a little bit too long. Totally loved the ski though. Super fun in crud but held a great edge on groomers. I just ordered the 168!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna