• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Reality Show Follows Ski Patrollers

LindsaySkiGal

Certified Ski Diva
Did it suprise anyone that there were two cases of a 'bf' leaving his injured gf to go off to ride some more? I found the happy hour/ after hours clips funny. Ranch dressing ..... yum!

Christy

Angel Diva
Geez, it sounded like a good idea. Watch a reality show based at a ski area that I go to!

When really it was more like, look at every bad thing that can happen to you while skiing. The pole in the neck!!! Yow.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
The 4 fractured vertebrae freaked me out, too. How about the patroller that got caught up in the avalanche? :eek:

Christy

Angel Diva
They say that people who watch a lot of tv news think the world is a more dangerous place than it actually is. I think watching this show too much could have the same effect on me re: skiing.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Have read, via trutv's website/forum, that some of the "incidents" were reenactments - not surprisingly. Some interesting comments therein from actual participants (and some disgruntled others). (sorry, no time to post link)

Does it increase one's sense of danger to the point of affecting skiing? I think anyone who has been at this sport long enough - and not even affiliated w/ski patrol - would say no, having likely seen more than a few accidents and incidents.....worst sound: the incoming chopper....

C

CMCM

If you missed the two episodes on Monday, and you have DISH Network, it will repeat again on Thursday 8:00 and 8:30 pm, then again at midnight and 12:30 a.m.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm bummed, I don't get that channel. :mad: I'll have to follow the patrollers around this winter. :eyebrows:

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I purposely stayed home last night to watch this... It did not come on at all. I was a little bummed....so I called Directtv to voice my concern, I was told it was being moved it to Wednesday. I will watch it then and determine if I like it or not.

I do like this lil smiley!

:ski3:

geargrrl

Angel Diva
for a real ski patrol reality show, ask your favorite patroller if you can ski along with them for a day.

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
...all I have to say is that the acting is TERRIBLE!!!

But seeing the mountains the snow, and the chairlifts.. ahhhh I can't wait to get out there!

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
Since my home mountain is Blue, season tickets in the mail!, I spent all last year avoiding ski patrol like the plague. I dont know how many incidents were reinactments, but i did not want to wind up on tv! Ive taken enough embarrasing spills without having to watch them all over again just in time for this season. I havent seen any of the Blue episodes yet ... we'll see if I recognize anyone :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga