• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New game- what is wrong in this picture

newboots

Angel Diva
Wow, those aren't going to be of much help!

Homegrown installation?

Jenny

Angel Diva
:yield:OK. I am going to be the clueless one here. I can’t figure out what I am looking at that is “wrong”. Lol. Help a diva out.
Don't feel bad - took me a couple of minutes. Look at where the binding brakes are.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, it kinda looked wrong but I had to look at my own bindings to make sure. I can take a picture of mine later and post.

Christy

Angel Diva
Is it something besides the fact they don't extend beyond the ski? Because some are like that when you are stepped in. My husbands are exactly like the photo shows. If you eject, then they do and stop the ski.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is it something besides the fact they don't extend beyond the ski? Because some are like that when you are stepped in. My husbands are exactly like the photo shows. If you eject, then they do and stop the ski.

I thought it was perhaps the way the breaks look, but when I was looking at my skis this weekend and mine look exactly the same when I am clicked in too. I don't eject often (mainly because recently I have been skiing super cautiously and nothing aside from skiing with my kids for the most part), but when I have my skis have stayed put. LOL though who knows, I am not super knowledgeable about ski gear and exactly how things should look.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
But the brakes are fully resting on the ski, and where the brake arms are bent is fully over the ski as well. I can’t imagine how those would be able to clear the ski if ejected.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now I'm curious. I will check all my bindings when I get home to compare. I thought the brakes had to be a little wider than the ski. But this is something I heard when I bought new bindings for my Black Pearl skis in 2013 or so. Frankly in earlier years, I never paid attention.

Jenny

Angel Diva
DH said that they must do that, but it sure still looks funny.

Christy

Angel Diva
But the brakes are fully resting on the ski, and where the brake arms are bent is fully over the ski as well. I can’t imagine how those would be able to clear the ski if ejected.

This is exactly how my husband's look when he's in. When's he's out they do extend beyond. I know it doesn't look like they would extend, but they do. My brakes are different--they extend beyond the ski even when I'm in. This actually seems a little odder to me--why don't the brakes catch on the snow ever? Like if I could do amazing GS turns, wouldn't they?

Jilly

Staff member
For a carver ski, you need the brake out of the way of the edge of the ski. My Rossi Axium (which I think this pic may be), actually turn and go shorter, width wise, as the boot drops into the binding. That way the brake is out of the way of any deep carving trench.

Be thankful it's not like some of the first brakes that came out. Pointed forwards or were under the toe piece!!

newboots

Angel Diva
I like this game! We learn something new all the time!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna