• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Men and boxes?

altagirl

Staff member
My husband is the exact opposite. If I need to mail something, I need to go and BUY a freaking box because my husband won't let an empty box stay in the house for more than 30 seconds. It makes me INSANE. I don't need to store every box, but I'd like to have a good selection (including ski and bike boxes) on hand for when I need one. He can't take it though. And his whining and incessant asking if he can throw them away yet always wins out. Sad, sad, sad that I can't take the nagging and am reduced to spending money or searching behind stores to replace cardboard boxes that we threw out (recycled) when they could have easily stayed in the storage shed.

Ugh.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
With the Diva's move in the works, do you need me to send you some boxes? :fear:

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It all starts with their mothers. My mother in law saves every kind of box there is. So does my husband, but often he never even takes out what came in the box. A christmas present can stay there for a year or two. Until I unpack it or donate it.

Now my son, it all started with me. We'd go get those big ol refrig boxes from Sears. What castles he would make. He'd even go inside w/paint & brush & decorate. Called it wall papering. When they collapse from too much rain, I use them in the garden to compost in place , add the horse manure & compost making a new garden bed.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
If you need some boxes, I know where you can find some ;)

I have been a box FIEND lately, collecting them from just about everywhere. And it's not easy -- these days most stores recycle them as soon as they're empty. I think I may actually have enough now, though. Now I just have to finish filling them up..........

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So . . . um, like Ski Diva - me and my husband are getting ready to move.

So in clearing through old stuff, I was empting out the hutch in the dining room. I took a box out of the hutch, and my hubby says, "Oooh, that's a nice box" to which I reply, "well, it's yours." "It's mine?" he inquires. "Yes", I say, "I gave you this box and the contents of it for Christmas about 4 years ago." "What's in it?", he askes. "Open it and see", I say.

And in the box are two bottles of Johnnie Walker black label scotch and one bottle of Johnnie Walker gold label scotch. "Holy S###!", he exclaims, "how long has this box been in the hutch????" I state very matter-of-factly, "like I said, about 4 years." "No way!" he declares, "Why didn't you tell me?" I say, "I gave it to you as a present. You put the box in the hutch. I thought that's where you wanted it".

To which , he proceeded to get two rocks glasses and some ice and we drank the bottle of gold and toasted our good fortune in purchasing a new house. :beer:

So not only did I get credit for a 'great gift' the first time around, I also got credit for a 'great gift in a great box' four years later. :D Now he's decided that the box is a good box - and not only do we have to keep it - we have to move it to the new house! Ugh! :confused:

Lola, that is such a great story! Thanks for sharing.

4 years ago, I lost my home and everything I owned to a house fire that was so hot that it destroyed everything and cracked the foundation, which had to be excavated and repoured. I was never a hoarder, but the fire released any fear of letting go that I had. I like to keep things pretty uncluttered.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga