• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Men and boxes?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bear with me for a minute, I have a rant!

First a question:
What is it with men and saving boxes?

We receive packages 3-4 times a week, either for business or personal. More often than not, my husband says, "that's a good box, we should save that just incase we need it"
rsc_standard_small.jpg

AND ski boxes are the biggie, just in case we sell some skis and need to ship some. Like he's going to sell anything!!!!!

BTW Lola, I still have the boxes that Phil shipped me skis in, if you want them back, I'll be happy to send them to you. ;)
Do you have any idea how many boxes I have stored in the attic, and in the storage room at the office?
I have taken time to break them down so they lay flat(and occasionally burn a few, but don't tell him).

Tell me ladies...is my husband the only one?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I save boxes, too (though not as many as your husband).

Marigee

Angel Diva
No - my husband is a box saver too! He also has a hard time parting with anything. It took me forever to get him to throw out the ugly terrycloth stretch shirt with a wide collar the he wore on our first date. (Fortunately his taste in clothing has improved.) He is always sure that if we throw something out we will suddenly need it. One time I persuaded him to get rid of this blue 3 piece suit that had stripes so white that it looked like a gangster suit. Then next year on Halloween he wanted to go as Bugsy Malone. I got an " I told you so" for that one.

I actually keep a few boxes, depending on size and how close we are to Christmas time.

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Men and boxes - the most bizarre thing on the planet!

Of course, my husband says the exact same thing: "That's a good box. I'm gonna keep that box. That's a good one." And like you SnowHot, we have boxes in the garage and the attic and the basement. Wherever he can find a place to store a good box.

On the other hand . . . If my husband could post here, he would probably say: "What's with women and candles?" To which I would reply: "What's with men and socks." I don't know if this falls under the 'too much information' category, but my husband likes new socks as well. He keeps 'virgin' socks for special occassions. And if you are ever wondering what to get Phil, socks are always a welcome gift.

I guess we all have a few strange habits . . . Maybe I should start a thread on that?? :D

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lola said:
On the other hand . . . If my husband could post here, he would probably say: "What's with women and candles?" To which I would reply: "What's with men and socks." I don't know if this falls under the 'too much information' category, but my husband likes new socks as well. He keeps 'virgin' socks for special occassions. And if you are ever wondering what to get Phil, socks are always a welcome gift.
Candles are must for divas because of the extra special essence added to our lives by the men.

Socks! OH MY goodness. Terry too! He always has an extra pair or two just in case he has a "special reason" to wear a new pair.

Lola said:
I guess we all have a few strange habits . . . Maybe I should start a thread on that?? :D
Please do!:D

BTW.........Lola, you didn't tell me..........do you want me to send you some boxes?:cool:

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHot said:
BTW.........Lola, you didn't tell me..........do you want me to send you some boxes? :cool:

Sorry to disappoint, but I really don't cae one way or the other. Phil, on the other hand, could always use another 'good box',

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You ladies are lucky. My husband does not save boxes, he saves pallets! Just in case. He says you can always burn them but he never does. we have pallets in the basement and in the barn. We have a ski tuning machine that Phil and my husband bought years ago (such a deal) that is still on the pallet we moved it on from Pa to VT over 2 years ago. I wish he only saved boxes!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This is really funny, because in my house I'm the one who wants to save everything. I'm not even finished going through the mail when my husband starts throwing it away! Whenever I put something down I run the risk of never seeing it again.

I've actually gotten better over the years; I'm not quite the pack rat I once was. Still, sometimes throwing things out is difficult. I mean, there's always the chance I'm going to need it someday, and then what?

Jilly

Staff member
I have one of those other 1/2's who saves everything. He just cleaned out the shed at the back of the garage, so we can get the lawn furniture in there. Why do they need to save 6" peices of pipe, old windows etc? As for boxes - we get cases of wine from a wine club that I belong to. He knocks down the boxes and keeps them. The wine cellar is full of bottles, some in cases and folded boxes!!
I'll keep some if its close to Christmas, but I can get any I need at work!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lilgeorg said:
You ladies are lucky. My husband does not save boxes, he saves pallets! Just in case. He says you can always burn them but he never does. we have pallets in the basement and in the barn. We have a ski tuning machine that Phil and my husband bought years ago (such a deal) that is still on the pallet we moved it on from Pa to VT over 2 years ago. I wish he only saved boxes!
This is really funny! Lil, I'm so happy I will get the chance to meet you some day.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lola said:
Men and boxes - the most bizarre thing on the planet!

Of course, my husband says the exact same thing: "That's a good box. I'm gonna keep that box. That's a good one." And like you SnowHot, we have boxes in the garage and the attic and the basement. Wherever he can find a place to store a good box.
Lola, lets start a new phase to this question.

When was the last time you heard him say............
"That's a good box. I'm gonna keep that box. That's a good one."
For me it was about 8:30 last night.

I bet I hear it more than twice a week.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
When I finally sell my house and need boxes to pack & move, I'm calling you guys!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had to laugh about this today. I heard a comedy act about boxes.
The comedian said that men are always looking for a good box, and they can't get rid of a good box.
His closing comment:
It all comes full circle because the ultimate box with all the right features is a casket, but by the time you find this ultimate box, you really can't enjoy it.

Eh, maybe you had to hear it first hand, but it was funny because of this box fetish my husband has.:D

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My boyfriend is the same way....now that we are planning a move, one whole corner of the living area in our apartment is stacked with boxes nearly to the ceiling (and we have 10-12ft ceilings!!) Our storage close has multiple boxes from skis being shipped to us.

My boyfriend is the same way....now that we are planning a move, one whole corner of the living area in our apartment is stacked with boxes nearly to the ceiling (and we have 10-12ft ceilings!!) Our storage close has multiple boxes from skis being shipped to us.

WAIT! Didn't you get married, Sheena?

That's ok! I just thought I had a brain pfttttttttttt!!!! :D Glad you're back and packing! Share with us when you can!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you need some boxes, I know where you can find some ;)

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heh... I used to be a saver... but my compulsive need to occasionally clean gets the better of me now. It's my husband who is the clothes horse and never throws away even the junk mail unless I harass him. However he does not have the box fetish.

My crazy thing is recycling. My husband/friends call me the recycling nazi becuase i refuse to allow them to throw a box in the trash - or plastic bottles - I insist on retrieving them out and recycling them!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga