• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Massanutten 2019-20

marzNC

Angel Diva
I demo'd the K2 Mindbender 88 @156 and the Head Kore W 93 @163. Pretty clear the Mindbender is better on soft snow. Even though the Kore may be a little long, it was better on the lower half of DJ when that was still pretty frozen. I liked the Kore W 99 @162 at Sunapee in March. Would like to be able to demo Kore skis at the shorter length someday.

LauraVa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@LauraVa : sorry to have missed you. I was meeting up with friends who drove from DC so left by 11:30 and didn't get back until 2:00. My daughter and I will be around the rest of the week, probably skiing more before Thursday when she has a friend staying with us on the mountain.
Hi @marzNC. I'll likely be there Tues and/or Wednesday morning.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Oh my, the forecast for snow today at Massanutten is for 2-4 inches!

Snow guns were still on at 7:30am. Since there is not night skiing on Tuesday nights this season, hoping that full snowmaking can start early in the evening. The resort roads at the top of the mountain were treated last night to keep them from icing up.

Hoping that Lower Showtime will re-open on Wednesday.

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 8.31.31 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Definitely 2 inches already at Massnutten, if not 3 . . . and it's powder! Can't make a decent snowball. School's out. Resort roads being plowed well per usual. I'm happy to be staying up on the mountain this week. :snow:

First picture around 11:00. Second about noon.

Attachments

• Mnut 07Jan2020 - 1.jpg
    Mnut 07Jan2020 - 1.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Mnut 07Jan2020 - 2.jpg
    Mnut 07Jan2020 - 2.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 9

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hope you guys have an amazing time this week. It looks like we are back to summer temps on Saturday, so don't go using up all that snow. :wink:

I demo'd the K2 Mindbender on Sat. and while fun, it felt very soft after having just been on the Stockli Stormrider. I ended up buying the demo Stormrider on the spot. They gave me a 1/2 price deal since it was the last ski in the inventory at that length (154). The older I get, the shorter I go. Lol.

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
I ended up buying the demo Stormrider on the spot. They gave me a 1/2 price deal since it was the last ski in the inventory at that length (154). The older I get, the shorter I go. Lol.
That's a great deal!

Don told me the reason he didn't have any Volkl demos for women was because all of his inventory already sold. He had Yumi and Secret. People who missed out on the Secret last season bought in Nov to avoid missing out again.

marzNC

Angel Diva
One more night of snowmaking. Hopefully until the slopes open. Lower Showtime is expected to re-open.

Conditions were very nice all morning. The snowguns were off before 7:30am because it was just a little too warm. Plenty of well groomed manmade snow mixed in with the 4+ inches from the clouds. On the windy side. Good thing we had ski clothes for cold weather. Temps in the 30s and windy . . . it was winter. :smile:

Yesterday it kept snowing until about 2:30pm. Was a little busier than the average Tuesday since there is always a Schools Out deal when local schools have a snow day. The roads were fine by lunch time.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Went to the demo day at M'nut.

3) Stockli Stormrider 85 161cm.

I’m jealous they had the 161 length!! At the demo I did they only had the 168 available. I still loved them, but I felt I could potentially go shorter and would really like to try the 161 for comparison.. Did you find the size suitable?

marzNC

Angel Diva
I’m jealous they had the 161 length!!
The ski shop manager from Freestyle who brings the skis for the Massanutten Demo Weekend tends to bring shorter skis than I usually find at other demo days. The first time I was around for the Demo Weekend was in 2013. I was suprised that he had several models from more than one brand in the mid-150s.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snowguns still on at 8am! Hard to say if Geromino can be re-opened this weekend or not. But at least the other slopes will have enough snow to be good during the upcoming warm spell.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 8.18.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 8.19.25 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Heard that the snow guns were on by early evening on Wed. Stayed on at the base until 11am this morning and until about noon on the upper mountain. The surprise was that they were on again this evening for a short while. Just cold enough for base-building snow I guess, which is on a wet side anyway. Everything was quiet by 11pm. Temps expected to go up overnight into the mid-30s by morning. <sigh>

I skied a bit in this afternoon and conditions were quite nice. Temps in the mid-30s with no wind.

alison wong

Angel Diva
I’m jealous they had the 161 length!! At the demo I did they only had the 168 available. I still loved them, but I felt I could potentially go shorter and would really like to try the 161 for comparison.. Did you find the size suitable?
161 is perfect, my current length is 160 and I am 5'4".
I would not go down to 154, it'd be tad short. 168 will be too long to handle.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Nice warm temp conditions today. Needless to say no lines on a Friday per usual. Glad to have Phantom on my skis so it doesn't matter what snow conditions we encounter. Especially when temps are over 40.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Saturday was soupy, to say the least, but I swear my new Stockli's made it fun. Having a heavier ski was an assist in the mashed potatoes, I think.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Saturday was soupy, to say the least, but I swear my new Stockli's made it fun. Having a heavier ski was an assist in the mashed potatoes, I think.
When did you get on the slopes? I was practicing tele turns with my daughter's gear on Lower Showtime in the morning. We left around 11 since we were driving home that afternoon.

Might not just be the skis. Perhaps you are getting up on edge more. :smile:

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We skied from 8:30 till about 11:30, but stuck to DJ. I only did about 3 runs on Lower Showtime at the very end.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna